Relay Beacons missing

Oh good gracious, I imagine what you feel!
It is only my second run after the Spiking Guns blocking bug. Now I copy manually my savefiles before each quest, sometimes even inside quests, and I do my missions one by one. It is tedious and spoils somehow the game experience. I want to finish the game in solo once before going multi-player.

But the save file already has a backup. Do you need to redo that manually? I havenā€™t lost anything, or ever had to start over. Scary. I shall go and save it as something else at once. Iā€™ve never had a serious glitch. Well, I got stuck in a tent once.

You are a lucky man, but it may not be always like this. My first run stopped at a bug in the middle of a quest (Spiking Guns mission), the bug was acknowledged to be solved, but one of the announcement stated that even when fixed, some older bugged savefiles may not work after update. So I did not want to take a risque, playing several days before the new release, and I restarted my game from the very beginning. Backing my savefile before the bugged quest could have avoided for me to be stuck with a bugged savefile.

I think Iā€™m probably just arriving at Spiking Gunsā€¦ Itā€™s taken me 100 hours to get here - would I start again? I suppose so! Iā€™d do it not to die even onceā€¦! Oh, but could I be bothered to check all the shorelines and the hills behind? Did you ever find the cave above the first containers on the beach? Thereā€™s no mission anywhere near there, i just found it. Not a safe house, just a cave with sleeping bags and heaps of ammo.

Now Spiking Guns and all Warboard missions have been reworked by the devs in the June release, and you will not get stuck. But can you be so sure about any other quest ? For example, the side quests started now are currently OK, however if you have started them before the last update, they are suspended in an ā€œhidden stateā€ until the next fix. I have one zombie quest like that with a non-zombie map tracker impossible to remove from the compass.

Can you give me the coordinates, I will tell you If I have visited this cave. I have seen dozens marvellous sites in GZ, and it is one of the reasons I like it and I continue to play.

Wow, no idea, itā€™s somewhere up the left hand side of the first island! Iā€™ll have a look next time Iā€™m in-country, but I may not remember.

As fir the quests - I donā€™t bother to look at the HUD unless Iā€™m in a bunker or a fortress to find ā€œThe Hangerā€, ā€œThe Electrical Roomā€, so thereā€™s all sorts of things on it, but I ignore it. I go everywhere anyway, and if I followed the HUD, I might miss somethingā€¦

I had a pic saved from when someone else wanted to know
there were Ticks in it last time I was there

Thanks, I think Iā€™ve been there. @Bootie, If I remember, it is a cave corridor going down to a seashore where you accomplish a quest with stranded containers filled with disactivated runners. The quest is taken in a car in the Iboholmen Castle. It is a nice place, apart from ticks. Irl, ticks give the Lymeā€™s disease, in the game they give headache :face_with_head_bandage:

I think thatā€™s a later one, thereā€™s an earlier one as well, that has no mission - itā€™s just a container half full of machines lying about on a beach. Above it is a series of caves, in one of which is a civilian camp.

I see you are in France - me too.

In France for holidays? I understood you were British. I live here.

I am British. But I live here too - I work for an SIAE in the Ariegeā€¦ :slight_smile:

Whatā€™s an SIAE :thinking:?

@kakarron If you make explode the red canisters in their place, before you pick them up, they respawn after re-logging like the cars do, and as the long un-pickable gas carnisters.

1 Like

thanks for the info @Bazyl

Iā€™ve been playing solo, level 28 and when I move into some areas; I am prompted that there is a relay beacon, but there are not. On occasion there is a beacon but mostly it is false. Anyone Else?Platform:

Missing Beacons:

Random locations:

Steam:

Solo:

Specifications:

Heyo, this sounds like a bug so I moved your thread to the Bug Reports forum. Please use this template to report the issue so we can get to the bottom of this as quickly as possible. Any screenshots of it happening would be great too.

Iā€™m on Xbox one and recently played gen z on Xbox live free to play and really enjoyed it so I decided to get the full game, when I did I deleted my old character and started a new one, when I reached the Abandoned fishing wharf the game notified me that there was a relay beacon in the area. I remember exactly where it was but for some reason itā€™s no where to be found. I looked on forums for a answer why it isnā€™t showing up and found out itā€™s a rather common bug.

So I realize this topic has been talked about quite a bit but Iā€™m just wondering if the developers are looking for a fix for this because do far all Iā€™ve seen is players recommending others to delete all characters and uninstall the game and sadly most of the replies to this advice is that the solution has been unsuccessful.

I honestly donā€™t want to delete my new character (since I just restarted) so Iā€™m wondering if anyone has actually had a response from the developers or a solution that work 100% of the time.

Thanks for any help/solutions

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure how it works with xbox but I had the same problem with pc when deleting characters. I had to turn off cloud saves from steam client because for some reason even though everything else was somewhat deleted the relay beacons didnā€™t reset so I removed everything again and turned off the cloud saves and it worked and I had alll the relay beacons on map again.
So maybe thereā€™s some sort of cloud save in xbox that you could turn off but not sure.

Thanks for the reply I managed to fix my game by deleting my character/s,uninstalling the game and deleting my data in games and apps, now the relays have respawned.