[XB1] Game Crashing on sign-in / continue (post update FNIX Rising)

There seems to be a constant theme of crashing going between characters through Plundra at character select screen.

Placed loot item’s collected in game are not crashing, but items dropped from rivals are causing crashing when moving between inventory and crafting storage.

Duo multiplayer is crashing while both parties are engaged in combat while close, and at different parts of the map.

3 and 4 player lobbies are suffering big drop in frame rate, and during big battles hard reset to dash - or enemies become impossible to kill as hits do not register.

Common theme is crashing after inventory movement over-all. I will say I have had no issues in loading, starting, or playing the DLC. It’s all worked as is from missions, collectables, tracking, and challenge menu.

On the Xbox side - a new player joined my lobby yesterday and unlocked all of my story based achievements without firing a shot. Thought it would be worth mentioning.

i was in the middle of a side mission on the fnix dlc where i had to destroy a convoy and one of the enemys didn’t spawn…it was showing the marker but wasn’t there…i tried restarting the mission with no luck so i quit out to the dashboard in the hope it would fix it…and now i cannot login it just freezes and crashes back to the dashboard …i’m on xbox! also i was advised by another player to delete my local save file to fix it but all i see is a file with my gamertag on it and one that says reserved space

This seems related to the login crash that many are experiencing, so I’ll merge this with the main thread.

//Mod

1. Was your save file created recently, or have you used it over several patches?
    Recent save. Only purchased game three days ago.
  2. Have you played single player only, multiplayer only or a mix of both?
    Mix of both but mostly single player.
  3. What DLC’s do you have installed?
    The free clothing dlcs and Alpine dlc.
  4. Does the issue still occur IF uninstalling the FNIX Rising DLC?
    I don’t have the Fenix Rising DLC
  5. Has anyone experienced this issue recently WITHOUT owning and installing FNIX Rising?
    Yes
  6. What was the last thing you did in the game before the issue started occurring? (e.g. playing a specific mission, playing single player, playing multiplayer as host/client, game crash, etc)
    My last play session was single player. I had been exploring with very little combat for about an hour. As far as I recall I quit the game with no problems. The next day when I tried to play the game crashes every time after selecting continue from the main menu.
  7. Did the issue start occurring for you after the game had crashed?
    Possibly. I had seen the game crash a couple times previously. One time I quit the game from the menu and it crashed - however this did not occur the last time I played.
  8. What FNIX Rising main mission are you on? (The missions below are listed in the order they are played/appear and If you are not entirely sure feel free to guesstimate to the best of your ability - we are interested if knowing if you e.g. started a certain mission but didn’t complete it, etc)
    N/A
  9. Is there anything else that you want to add that you think could be relevant?
    Nothing I can think of. Other than this I’m really enjoying the game and can’t wait to get back to it! Hope you’re able to find a fix soon!
1 Like

Xbox One S user here, also confirming like everyone else. Game crashes at login, as soon as you sync your account the game crashes. You can uninstall and reinstall the game and it will still crash at login. I’m guessing I cab probably get the game to run by creating a new Xbox Account, but all of my paid subscriptions are linked to my current account. The game is now broken, not in a “haha funny bugged out way”, but actually broken and not working at all. I’m playing on an account made a few months back, never really played. Purchased and installed FNIX rising and I made it to about level 10, was at ringfort, dropped off the blast proof jacket for that quest, did some inventory management to save the game, logged out. Game has never worked since, uninstalled the whole game and only reinstalled the base game no DLC and same thing, the moment it goes to sync my Xbox account it crashes.

EDIT: Deleting my save file from the Xbox Cloud fixed it, but I lost everything, I was only lvl 10 though. If the crashes at login happen agai, I’ll update again.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

The current state of this issue is that we need save files from players who are affected by this issue to further track down what is happening. The development team has been in contact with XBOX to arrange an agreement to provide us with these save files from players who agree to it. With your permission and your XBOX gamertag, XBOX will be able to provide us with the save files on your account associated exclusively with Generation Zero.

If you have deleted your savegame files and the issue no longer occurs for you, then your save files will not be helpful to us. Please do not attempt to delete your savegame files.

If you are willing to help us with this issue, then please private message me with your gamertag and written permission allowing the development team to use it for the purpose of retrieving your savegame files from XBOX. All gamertags will be kept private and used solely for this purpose.

Note: Cloud saves must be enabled for the development team to retrieve savegame files from XBOX. Click here: (https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/game-setup-and-play/cloud-game-saves-faq) to see how to enable cloud game saves on your XBOX.

We are doing our best to get this issue sorted, however, at this time we want to be clear that we can not guarantee that your save files will be restored even if that is what we’d ideally want to achieve.

Thank you very much to everyone for all of the help that you’ve provided so far and for patiently waiting for a solution to this issue.

Edit on September 11th, 2020:

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who’s provided additional information regarding the crashes and those who sent us their GamerTags with permission to retrieve their savegame files from XBOX.

The current status of this crash issue is that the development team has received the savegame files from many users and is beginning to troubleshoot them. We believe we have received all of the GamerTags we need and are requesting the players to not send us anymore for now.

We will continue to communicate with players here regarding future updates on this issue and if the development team needs any additional information or help from the community.

2 Likes

Ah, there you go. I thought it may have something to do with Cloud sync.

Hope it not going to be a pain for them to find out what going on and they can save our saves.

Pinned the topic to better bring it forth and also to reduce additional topic creations about this issue.

//Mod

I would like to point out that I believe my cloud saves for the game are somewhat older than my hard saves, implying that I was playing entirely offline, Xbox was not connected to my WiFi. Syncing my save to the cloud for the game is currently impossible since it crashes while attempting to synch. For my specific case, you might be getting data that is older than my save that caused the crashing bug. Would this be an issue by any chance?

It should also be made note that some people have gamer tags that match other players, and to remedy this Xbox added a system that automatically generates a string of four numbers after a #. Example: TamerGag#5567 Like a Discord number to eliminate the issue of people wanting a tag that someone else already owns. You will likely need to know this number as well, but only if the specific person who is affected has such a number.

1 Like

XBOX ONE
this game is as frustrating as it if fun how is it a game that’s been out this long is still getting as many crashes as it is it all seemed totally random untill today I get to the logging in screen and drrrrrr! It’s done it 17 times I tried restarting my console and everything

I log into my second account that has zero hours in the game and poof no crashes I played for an hour to see if it would crash and nothing I go back onto my main account and there it is crashed on the logging in screen again

So I payed £25 for the base game and £10 each for both dlcs for a game that I can’t access with my account I’ve put 500+ hours into thanks Dev team :+1: I know who I’m no longer giving money to

2 Likes

Topics merged. The issue is being worked on as fast as humanly possible. I know it’s frustrating, but please try to mind your manners while on the forums.

//Mod

1 Like

I play on Xbox and every time it gets to the screen that says logging in the game crashes. I restarted the console but it did nothing so I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and it keeps crashing.

1 Like

Another one merged with the main thread.

//Mod

1. Was your save file created recently, or have you used it over several patches?
    Downloaded DLC yesterday. XB 1.
  2. Have you played single player only, multiplayer only or a mix of both?
    Solo only.
  3. What DLC’s do you have installed?
    Alpine Unrest and FNIX.
  4. Does the issue still occur IF uninstalling the FNIX Rising DLC?
    Haven’t uninstalled, worried about losing all my saved progress in main game. Update: Uninstalled the DLC, no change in the problem. Cannot load main game, same issue as before.
  5. Has anyone experienced this issue recently WITHOUT owning and installing FNIX Rising?
  6. What was the last thing you did in the game before the issue started occurring? (e.g. playing a specific mission, playing single player, playing multiplayer as host/client, game crash, etc)
    Playing first mission Where The Sun Sets. Finished first part and was heading towards second requirement when as moving through woods, character ‘fell’ through ‘pixalated’ screen into a body of water (?) in middle of woods and would not reset my character. Tried to fast travel out with no sucess. Closed out game and crashes started on loading screen ever since.
  7. Did the issue start occurring for you after the game had crashed?
    Yes
  8. What FNIX Rising main mission are you on?
    Where The Sun Sets
    (The missions below are listed in the order they are played/appear and If you are not entirely sure feel free to guesstimate to the best of your ability - we are interested if knowing if you e.g. started a certain mission but didn’t complete it, etc)
  • Where The Sun Sets
  • The Ringfort
  • Tidal Wave
  • Piece By Piece
  • Test Run
  • Clearing The Path
  • On The Side Of The Road
  • Wages Of Fear
  • New Cycles
  • Good Night
  1. Is there anything else that you want to add that you think could be relevant?
    Not really, just a 70 yr old man that likes gaming and this is definitely frustrating.

I didn’t buy the FNIX update and have the same problem. This really sucks. I have played 70% of the game… If I loose my saved data, I want my money back!

2 Likes

I play on xbox one x
and just 2 or 3 days after downloading the update and buying the dlc the same thing happens to me and until today I haven’t been able to play

To be honest it is one of the games that for me has incredible potential, but unfortunately if they cannot fix this error and I lose my previous data, I completely stop playing GENERATION ZERO and I will stop supporting this game company, I have dedicated a lot to it time to the game in pal of months and I never do the same thing again.

Having same crashing problems on xbox

Having the same issue with xbox one crashing as soon as I press “A” to play.
Troubleshooting facts:

1. I play solo, I only once used multiplayer to give a friend some ammo.
  2. I just got the game less than 5 days ago, I had a great 4 days and now this is happening.
  3. I’ve got all dlc available installed
  4. The last thing I did in game was one of the core warboard bunkers
  5. The game was crashing when trying to quit to menu
  6. I had completed up to the “test run” mission of finx rising
  7. As you know, it’s obviously an issue with xbox cloud save games. I’ve had similar issues with “the hunter: call of the wild” but they where resolved for me by just putting my xbox in offline mode. Not the case here.

I’m currently testing to see if the problem persists if the game files are installed on the internal storage instead of my external ssd. *update edit, this didn’t help.