XBOX / PC Game Pass - Crash on trying to play multiplayer

Basically I’m on Series X when I attempt to make a multiplayer session my game crashes every time without fail, same thing happens to my friend. We’ve tried rebooting altering setting etc. any ideas on how to fix?

1 Like

Hello @ArataJoker :wave:

The crash you are experiencing is caused by the same root cause as the “infinite loading screen” issue below;

We have identified the issue and are working on sorting it out.

In the meantime, IF it is of interest, you should be able to play the game in offline mode.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

I’m having issues trying to load up into multiplayer when I hit find game it crashes? Can someone please help me

Everything works fine up until I click on FIND GAME and then it just instantly crashes no loading screens just instantly freezes up and crashes my game out. My character is level 4, I’ve tried it on all the difficulties and turned scaling on and off i’ve restarted my xbox and nothing will work.

1 Like

I’m on xbox one and can’t join my buddy. His game is working fine, let’s him join people and let’s other people join him but if I search for a game it crashes and when I start my own game it just says offline mode and i can’t change it

2 Likes

Anything?
Tried to reinstall the game, cleared saved data and nothing is working

1 Like

Moved to #bug-reports. I’ve pinned the support thread about this issue. Please keep posts about this specific issue here, instead of creating new threads.

//Mod

1 Like

Everytime I try to start a mutliplayer game it crashes and whenever I try to join a friend it just loads infinitely

1 Like

I’m on Xbox and after the update that brought base building. Me and my friends can’t join each others lobby. We tried game hoping on random multiplayer but as soon as we hit the find game button the game crashes.

1 Like

I’VE TRIED EVERYTHING
RESTARTING
QUITING
REBOOTING INTERNET
it keeps on going to the stupid thing saying "Your game is session is offline, and players are unable to join. To create a new online session, exist to the Main Menu and start a new session.
How the hell do you start a new session!!?!??!?

2 Likes

Player A: Playing this Generation Zero from XBOX Game Pass Ultimate. Game was remotely downloaded to my Xbox Series X using the Game Pass mobile App. Game was fully downloaded when I started the game.

I played solo for about 15 minutes then attempted to join another player lobby via XBOX friend list>Join Game…that didn’t work.

I then attempted to restart the game from scratch, select multiplayer from the main menu and start a session…the game immediately freezes, crashes and kicks me back to xbox home. EVERY TIME I try to start a multiplayer session using the main menu of the game, it crashes.

Last ditch effort, I continued my game from earlier, paused and went into the multiplayer menu to try and host a session and the game told me that I was not online and needed to go back to the main menu and continue or start a new game.

Player B: playing multi-player sessions on the Xbox Series S with no issues.

Super frustrating, had fun for about 15 minutes…now I don’t even feel like booting up the game because I’ve spent more time trying to start a multiplayer session than I have spent playing the game.

Please fix multiplayer I’m having the same issue and have done everything other post say to dI please such a fun game would be even better with friends

2 Likes

Bought game since it first came out, had no issues till new update and content, both a friend and I experienced same issue on old and new gen consoles. When you start game pause and hit multiplayer, an error is issued stating that I am offline and have to exit back to menu, no matter how many times you exit rejoin etc same issue, it doesn’t give you next category when you click on multiplayer to let’s say make multiplayer friends or open etc, and now when you click on find game it Automatically sends your console into that loud beeping noise while stuck then crashes, 15 friends in my list have issued same problem, I don’t know if it’s everyone, or servers are down, but it would be nice to get back that feature which I enjoy playing the most, and trust me everyone, I have deleted saves, I have refreshed Nat type, ran multiplayer connection, restarted, etc in my opinion this is only to be fixed by Devs, there is no way around it, please fix, thank you for your time and patience.

1 Like

I’ve had the exact same issue man, literally exactly the same and had no help given to me

I have the same problem and I just got the game

1 Like

I had this error on Playstation just once.
Go to mainmenu and select/create another character. This is what worked for me.

Generation zero the multi-player function isn’t working on Xbox one it just crashes the gand while in you’re own server it says you are appearing offline when I’m not any trouble shoot ideas

1 Like

Reports merged.

//Mod

See the post below for some more context/info on the issues we are seeing right now;