Feedback to November Update 2020

The ammo + medkit crafting trivialized the game even more for me. As soon as someone has the exp PvG machine killing time goes down by about 50-80%. With ammo being always availible and the 100% ammo perk one can re-route all availibe ammo into resources to craft ammo for the exp PvG or any preferred gun and now there’s no more scavenging, only looting the big guys, recycling once in a while and the whole scavenging aspect is kinda lost (which is was already before to a certain degree with ammo perks, now it’s just more). Apart from that, there’s still no help with the ammo and armor magazine pickup locations. You can’t expect a player to scour this HUGE (and beautiful) map for all of those by themselves, please add collectible misc objectives to the places you hide them at least.

The reaper was a good fight, the wipe mechanic is fair and can be avoided by cover 99% of times, sometimes an explosion seems to clip through walls, though. The main guns seem to be indestructible, which is a good choice, as walkers can still be easily neutralized by simply taking out the machine gun (another reason why exp pvg is so insanely effective).

As for the new experimental: Meh? Melee was cool and all, but the exp effect is extremely clunky and might be usable on adventure, but on higher difficulties you WILL get stomped. I would have wished for some blocking mechanic that let’s a player close the distance to actually be able to use melee as a serious playstyle.

The map destruction was interesting, but also took away intersting parts of the map, when I started playing the game I definitely would have enjoyed this version of the map less. Is it triggered by some in-game event or is everyone who starts the game from scratch now see this version of the map?

I was hoping for a bit more QoL and stuff that is being asked for for a time already, like being able to restart the story without deleting everything or some strange workaround or re-specs or some urgently needed perk balancing. Corona is taking its toll ofc, and I’m happy to have had some 10 hours of new content after all, any update is better than no update :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Off-topic posts removed.

//Mod

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Schematics - Lets talk about it

Thanks. That’s great!

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Rival spawn rate & general loot spawn rate in Rivals

Finally got to try out the updated version yesterday. :slight_smile:
Game still runs like a dream. 3 hours of intense fighting, including 1 Reaper, and no crashes.
Reaper was a ton of fun to fight! I got the Exp. sledge on my first Reaper, but haven’t given it a swing yet, as I was never really into melee weapons in GZ.
I focused all the time I had on The Reaper (Himfjäll), so I did not go check out the revamped Farmlands.
I will play again later today, though. And that will be mainly an exploration of the new landscape.
I’m really looking forward to that part! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

After this patch started to notice this rare species:
prot hunter with gas 'nade launcher:

1 Like

On the Archipelago right?
There are also some rare Military Tanks that have a Missile Pod instead of a Mortar Pod.
I Would like to see this more often.
Machines of the same classes with different weaponry is a very cool addition, I Hope it´s not a bug, we need more Variety!

1 Like

I’ve seen only two instances of Army Tank with rocket pod AND mortar loadout - one being stationary (or walking in circles) guarding gate to Alnastet and roaming on F23 strip. Both unique and pre-spawned.
There’s also FNIX Tank with railgun, but I forgot where I saw it once.

These “prots with gases” are endemic to Archipelago and spawn with some beacons. I like those “demo ver. army hunters” though, makes newbies prepared for touhger real army series.

1 Like

The ones i encountered were during multiplayer, and were not stationary.
it´s a shame the Fnix Tanks with railguns can only be found in 2 places and won´t respawn.
1- Near Norrmyra artillery base
2- Related to a side mission from Alpine Unrest. Stalemate

Side mission: “Last Stand”.

Also, the tank with Linear Accelerator isn’t FNIX, but instead military. The one at “Stalemate” mission is FNIX tank though.

I’ve only seen red tanks. Seems to me you should be able to harvest batteries but I’ve only seen the tanks.

It’s odd because most of the ‘gates’ were for holding pens, which have disappeared. There’s no rubble. as if they had been destroyed, they’re just missing. I’m guessing it’s a glitch like the missing bridge at Boo.

The bridge at boo is meant to be gone but yes FOA2 did kinda get a little glitchy I experienced a few bugs in the area

There are: Gas tanks, Air tanks, Car batteries and Steel.

The patch notes say the missing bridge will be fixed in a future patch.

Thanks. Good to know.

On Xbox one. Just finished the blow up the cannon mission in Multiplayer. In single player I am told to follow the truck but the truck is gone and the cannon is tlsrill blown up. Is it a known bug?
Still getting a few crashes but not many. The game freezes up, a buzzing noise and Xbox menu.

But I really like this update (save these) and the difficulty is back to manageable. Yay!

I have also noticed on a few places that after you enter them, their are no labels anymore…just a grey blotch on the map…what is that all about…anyone know???

Works smooth on Ps4. No lag in battle so far. One time the game froze so restart was needed.

But the amount of loot is insane. Way too much. We are 3 players. One of us has The extra loot skill. Waste of points. After the archipelago we had each 5000+ rounds for our main weapon AK4 or K-pist. We find so much ammo that we have to leave most of it. No need to avoid battles and sneek around when we kan just shoot anything into pieces and still have thousands of rounds left.

We only use plundra for storage of weapons. Everything else we use we must be able to carry. It was to easy otherwise. Changing dufficulty doesn’t seem to affect loot.