Feedback to November Update 2020

lvl cap at 31 ?! Much obliged, gents. How could I have known ?

Sadly not unless you asked, sir.

Continuing the discussion from Feedback to November Update 2020:

@ Thagen : Sorry to read the game isn’t treating you as well as expected, Thagen. Bet you’ll be back in the saddle soon. :wink:
Forget about my arena mission, please. I’ve watched the credits roll by. Which is nice.
Next problem: how or where do the FNIX missions get activated ? I bump into FNIX facilities, but no missions. Nothing to see or do there…

1 Like

Anyone sure that the experimental kvm is now available?

Got the exp KVM 59 yesterday from a rival 4, so it’s clearly available :wink:

This will be a thread with everyone’s thoughts about the recent update featuring the reaper and expanded crafting. My thoughts are below.

The reaper has shaken the world of generation zero. The machine is able to put up a fight worthwhile. The main aspects of this machine are the new mechanics with shield and a nuke like detonation decimating machines and players. I have found this machine to be extremely lethal and a perfect match for experimental pvg 90 users. The loot like the fight, is extremely satisfying, a high chance to claim new experimental weapons, plenty of ammo and new clothing sets. I have found this machine to satisfy my trigger finger. The crafting system is very straightforward, you are now able to craft medical kits and ammunition. This update is more on terms of a “quality of life” addition. I was not very impressed as this should have been in the game before. I am still waiting for the ability to craft weapons not found by scavenging.

Same feedback topics merged.

//Mod

Personally I love the ability to craft medkits but i think atm it needs balancing as i crafted about 200 advanced medkits at once. Maybe instead of 10 medkits it could give you 5? I just want it to be a bit more realistic rather than not bothering worrying about how many med kits i have anymore because i have so many. This means i can yeet into a fight without care which sometimes is fun but takes away the strategy and tactics. Medkits need a tad bit of a balance to fit GZ’s world without being way too OP.

The ammo + medkit crafting trivialized the game even more for me. As soon as someone has the exp PvG machine killing time goes down by about 50-80%. With ammo being always availible and the 100% ammo perk one can re-route all availibe ammo into resources to craft ammo for the exp PvG or any preferred gun and now there’s no more scavenging, only looting the big guys, recycling once in a while and the whole scavenging aspect is kinda lost (which is was already before to a certain degree with ammo perks, now it’s just more). Apart from that, there’s still no help with the ammo and armor magazine pickup locations. You can’t expect a player to scour this HUGE (and beautiful) map for all of those by themselves, please add collectible misc objectives to the places you hide them at least.

The reaper was a good fight, the wipe mechanic is fair and can be avoided by cover 99% of times, sometimes an explosion seems to clip through walls, though. The main guns seem to be indestructible, which is a good choice, as walkers can still be easily neutralized by simply taking out the machine gun (another reason why exp pvg is so insanely effective).

As for the new experimental: Meh? Melee was cool and all, but the exp effect is extremely clunky and might be usable on adventure, but on higher difficulties you WILL get stomped. I would have wished for some blocking mechanic that let’s a player close the distance to actually be able to use melee as a serious playstyle.

The map destruction was interesting, but also took away intersting parts of the map, when I started playing the game I definitely would have enjoyed this version of the map less. Is it triggered by some in-game event or is everyone who starts the game from scratch now see this version of the map?

I was hoping for a bit more QoL and stuff that is being asked for for a time already, like being able to restart the story without deleting everything or some strange workaround or re-specs or some urgently needed perk balancing. Corona is taking its toll ofc, and I’m happy to have had some 10 hours of new content after all, any update is better than no update :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Off-topic posts removed.

//Mod

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Schematics - Lets talk about it

Thanks. That’s great!

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Rival spawn rate & general loot spawn rate in Rivals

Finally got to try out the updated version yesterday. :slight_smile:
Game still runs like a dream. 3 hours of intense fighting, including 1 Reaper, and no crashes.
Reaper was a ton of fun to fight! I got the Exp. sledge on my first Reaper, but haven’t given it a swing yet, as I was never really into melee weapons in GZ.
I focused all the time I had on The Reaper (Himfjäll), so I did not go check out the revamped Farmlands.
I will play again later today, though. And that will be mainly an exploration of the new landscape.
I’m really looking forward to that part! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

After this patch started to notice this rare species:
prot hunter with gas 'nade launcher:

1 Like

On the Archipelago right?
There are also some rare Military Tanks that have a Missile Pod instead of a Mortar Pod.
I Would like to see this more often.
Machines of the same classes with different weaponry is a very cool addition, I Hope it´s not a bug, we need more Variety!

1 Like

I’ve seen only two instances of Army Tank with rocket pod AND mortar loadout - one being stationary (or walking in circles) guarding gate to Alnastet and roaming on F23 strip. Both unique and pre-spawned.
There’s also FNIX Tank with railgun, but I forgot where I saw it once.

These “prots with gases” are endemic to Archipelago and spawn with some beacons. I like those “demo ver. army hunters” though, makes newbies prepared for touhger real army series.

1 Like

The ones i encountered were during multiplayer, and were not stationary.
it´s a shame the Fnix Tanks with railguns can only be found in 2 places and won´t respawn.
1- Near Norrmyra artillery base
2- Related to a side mission from Alpine Unrest. Stalemate

Side mission: “Last Stand”.

Also, the tank with Linear Accelerator isn’t FNIX, but instead military. The one at “Stalemate” mission is FNIX tank though.

I’ve only seen red tanks. Seems to me you should be able to harvest batteries but I’ve only seen the tanks.