Machine behaviour post April 2020 update

No good reason. I was being deliberately sarcastic. But without the sarcasm, you seem to be deliberately obtuse about the current state of the game. What exactly is wrong with people playing a game how they might like it? Why can’t the game be easy for those who want it easy?

I played for 2 hours last night and it was a miserable experience. There was a tank coming and I was not prepared for it so I went into a barn. And then before I knew what happened all hell let loose. I was stuck in the barn and was constantly spammed by a never ending “infinite ammo” stream of gas and rockets at one of the doors. At the other end and door I was torn to pieces by tanks. I could only run about 25 yards from the middle door before the never ending stream of hunters got me. Fast travelling away seems like cheating… Eventually I got out and was sprinting across a field thinking I was a good safe distance away, but then bang, down I went.

I quit at that point.

If I have to wander around avoiding all conflict, what’s the point of the game?

“If the post-April '20 update AI bug is removed, is there for us anything to talk about Adventurer difficulty?” - I’ll probably agree with you on that.

1 Like

GZ can be played on many different ways while the game is designed for guerilla tactics and for that reason, not all gameplay styles offer the same level of difficulty. You want to run & gun? Feel free. Will game be easy then? No. GZ isn’t run & gun game.

Isn’t that the point of Adventure difficulty, where you wander around avoiding conflict? And when you happen to be in combat, it’s easier than on other difficulties.

Why is everyone talking about difficulty? It is super obvious this is a bug issue. I am sure they did not mean to have the robots be able to shoot over 1 kilometers and through buildings etc. or when you fast travel to get detected from out side by a pack of robot 600 meters away you never saw before. Or the rocket spam you have no clue where it is coming from because they are three hills over and you do not get a direction of impact.

They are meant to chase and flank you. They use normal military tactics when they are not bugged. They attempt to close with and destroy when not glitched seeing you through terrain.

I think something more useful would be making a list of the things that are bugged so the devs can get to work on those not arguing about difficulty as that is not an issue right now.

I would say as of now.

Range detection is broken, they detect you anywhere from 1M to 1KM seems random.

Noise is probably equally broken hard to tell since they see you not matter what.

Sight is broken sometimes they see you when you are inside not moving,( not counting scanning the build ) just off in the wood then bam that building over there lock on and start shooting even is there is no target.

Bullets and terrain- sometimes buildings/hills stop bullets sometimes bullets just find you no matter what.

Rocket spam, sometimes they fire in salvos giving you a chance to move into cover and sprint from cover to cover. Sometimes it is endless no break just continuous non-stop rockets

Hacked behavior is broken, they do not even attempt to attack robots when skills are leveled up

Hunter shoulder rockets give no trail or no shot animation just explosions where they land So you have no clue where they are coming from or what robot is shooting it even when looking at the robot in question.

I have noticed that in multiplayer, sometimes the game functions correctly in terms of sounds and sight detection for 1 player and not the rest even if all have the same specs. Example of two players right next to each other both maxed stealth one will enter combat and be attacked the other will be ignored until they shoot and if they choose can sit out of combat.

I enjoy the new update, the only problem i have is with apoc. Hunters. The missile instagib u with almost no warning, and WHY IS FLAMETHROWER RANGE SO LONG! I think everything else’s is A ok, but the last ones should not be happening on the easiest difficulty.

I agree, the flamethrower range could be reduced

Rocket spam and hunter explosive bolts (aka) Getting knocked down, over and over and over and over and over, not fun. I loved the game, But I’ve stopped playing since the update, (adventure mode) I personally think Pre-Update was better. A balanced thing that could happen was something like what Davidwum talked about in his post Changing the Enemies especially the Seekers giving the robots a accuracy boost if they “spot” you, that would give them a purpose and i feel like balance taking them out and not ignoring them.

-Update, I’ve tried playing the game again after the May 15th update. So much better! There is a little challenge, but much better! It’s fun again!

Except there was no update. The game hasn’t been changed since April 27th.

1 Like

Just noticed a solitary Hunter standing in the middle of an empty field scanning a cargo container, I sneaked up into range and unloaded a full AR magazine into him which destroyed him. Then as I turn to see what loot there is, and don’t forget that this is a completely empty field, out of nowhere five more Hunters and a load of Runners just appear and kerb stomp me.

There are too many bugs in this game to make enjoyable at the moment.

Did you warp to the future or something? Over here we are still waiting for the update :sweat_smile:

Prior to the April 2020 update: Run and Gun was the most efficient option. Tracking on enemies was such that if you stood in place you’d get clipped. Even hiding in buildings would result in chip damage. However getting out, in close, and circle strafing had amazing dividends.

Thanks for confirming that. I was looking to see if I could find patch notes somewhere, because I didn’t remember any update.

1 Like

Perhaps if you were properly geared and high enough level. But until you reach that point, guerilla tactics are always preferrable.

3 Likes

Since GZ isn’t linear game, there are many different ways how to play it; run & gun, sneak & snipe, hit & run, lure & traps etc. And when you practice enough, you can become good at your chosen tactics.

However, GZ isn’t designed as run & gun game (e.g like Doom: Eternal), despite the fact that you can use that tactic in the game. GZ is designed for guerilla warfare where hit & run and lure & traps tactics are favored.

When it comes to the cost effective tactics, lure & traps and sneak & snipe are one of the best ones since ammo cost and first aid kits usage is low. Also, you won’t be that easily flanked as well (distance advantage with sneak & snipe and environment advantage with lure & traps). Downside of both is that they take quite a bit of time and are slow going. Then again entire progression in GZ is slow going and that’s how the game was designed as.

1 Like

Actually, it does, if you’re really good at it.
I did test it on my solo Guerilla game (against FNIX harv and Concussion Rifle FNIX hunters) and while it wasn’t pretty, it was sort-of doable. Did drop down several times but got right back up and continued with my testing.
My results are in this same topic, reply #66, direct link: Machine behaviour post April 2020 update

Run & gun is doable but not worth the cost of spending ammo, first aid kits and a-shots. Not to mention ruining your K&D ratio (yes, some players do care about their K&D ratio).
However, in a game where run & gun was never considered as one of the main tactics, i don’t see much issue with it’s current state. But i do understand the frustration of those players who want to use this kind of tactic, rather than playing the game as it is intended as.

Well, that’s the idea. Getting shot is part of the game, hence why there are first aid kits to replenish your health.

As far as run & gun goes, it is doable. Made small vid for another purpose but run & gun is presented there as well. Topic with my vid: What does the chaff rocet round do?

Only reason why i dropped down there was because i waited and looked if there is any other effect of the chaff round after initial hit.

And we agree to disagree. Yay! :blush:

@Znurrad made a nice recap of the new difficulty level in his topic: Guerrilla Difficulty is fine Solo
His death amount looks reasonable in the current state of the game.

I got shot and killed through a concrete bunker wall. Is that “part of the game” too?

That is a bug, where best course of action is reporting it in the Bug Reports subforum by following the READ BEFORE POSTING - How to Make a Bug Report guide.

1 Like

did anyone else notice more seekers than normally ?

Yeah, with stats like that, I kinda suspect that it is actually impossible to complete The Resistance as a solo player in the current build of the game. Possibly, completely impossible, depending on how the AI targeting prioritizing goes.

And those +400 deaths are from someone who knows how to play.

3 Likes