Recon Update Issues Feedback Thread

I tried 5* S21 on Prototype Runners. From VERY close distance (less than 20m) it’s possible to destroy them with one shot to the fuel cell. At ranges more suited for a DMR - 2 shots are required :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I won’t be playing again until they actually decide to fix the issues they claimed to fix.

Which, even if I wanted to I can’t because my game preformance is so bad I’m softlocked.
Can’t destroy bases because of the preformance and I can’t fix my preformance because of the bases.

3 Likes

I don’t know was it intended or not, but FNIX generators were drastically neutered:

1 Like

Maybe a try to reduce polygons to improve performance ? :man_shrugging:
Like all those damned locked up houses everywhere… :angry:

Clothing crafting is a mess :expressionless:

1 Like

Maybe they just fixed that ticks don’t spawn any more of dead hunters, as the topic says

:man_shrugging:

@Badusername Give it a rest, will you? I get it, you’re disappointed with the game. We don’t need to see it every 5 minutes.

People, let’s stick with reporting feedback on the issues prevalent in this update.

//Mod

The game still crashes at random times every 5-10 minutes. The update has not solved my problem with crashes.

No, that still happens. The person that reported the issue on Discord showed them spawning from a dead hunter. Sucks this wasnt fixed.

1 Like

I may excuse me beforehand if I might sound a bit rude now, but I’m totally pissed off !

A 14.8 GB update… of hot air as it seems…

• Ticks still spawn like hell from machines, no matter of dead or functional
    • missiles/grenades from enemies mostoften don’t reach their target and seem to get visually frozen in midair (btw the sound, too)
    • If I get near a FNIX CP the usual sound stuttering begins (alarm sirens) or I’m greeted with fireworks sounds, etc.
    • the game crashed to desktop one time shortly after getting near to a base
    • the game got frozen/unresponsible 2 times while trying to use the recycling station of course after getting near to a FNIX CP

SO for me it’s the same shit as before, maybe even worse because of the possible new CPs in the south coast region. But I won’t touch the S Coast any more to not let them spawn there.

Maybe I’ll try again to destroy a CP, but the last times I couldn’t destroy the shield generators because they didn’t open whatever I tried. And with being prone to crash when getting near a base the chances are even lower, I guess

Well… yeah, rant over I guess.

So thx for not fixing anything (as it seems) but main thing to bring some more of the main reason for the lately erratic game behaviour, namely FNIX control points !

And I’m still asking myself who were all these players that wanted that kind of stuff ?? And where are all these players now ? Or do they not have all these problems and we are the (vocal) minority here ?
Questions over questions…

My 2 ct. but as always ymmv

8 Likes

No, you’re right. This seems to be the general impression so far.

Bit of a shame, really. I’d like to get back to GZ soon.

3 Likes

I haven’t tried yet, but for now it seems

1. to have brought 4 new reasons for the crashes they announced to be fixed (which aren’t),
  2. didn’t even mention the disappearing machines in the patch log, which was announced to be fixed and
  3. introduced a new feature with changes for crafting, which doesn’t work properly or at all.

Nice work.

The way of destroying this wonderful game continues.

Maybe they just hear to some people on discord or twitter and don’t do that on serious discussions in the official forum? Or the polls they are refering to got bombed by some or many trolls :man_shrugging:

I keep wondering about that, too.

But I will give the update a try later this day and add my experiences in the poll above and as a post.

1 Like

Have updated my game via steam. After i acceptetd the Eula the tape deck on the lower right side runs and the music runs but nothing more happened. It didn’t proceed further to the MAin Menue of the game. Has anyone an idea. It runs since 15 minutes but nothing more happens. Has anyone an idea ? Or has anyone the same issue?

Ive seen a few reports on Discord that the game turns into infinite loading after accepting the EULA. Not sure of any fix currently.

1 Like

Thanks, that seems to be a new isssue.

Crashed within a couple of minutes on Series X. First fast-travel saw my HUD disappear, first firefight saw some weird frame stuttering, then infinite ticks and finally a crash.

Also, I seem to be missing 3 Soviet blueprints now (not sure if they’re new ones). There is also an empty mission prompt when my game loads.

To say I’m disappointed would be an understatement.

1 Like

Second attempt. 5 mins before it crashed while on the map.

Rockets often still pass through enemies, enemy AI is a mess and approaching enemy corpses can still inflict damage.

I’ve not read the patch notes yet, but I’m assuming the 32Gb update did something positive.

1 Like

Third attempt

Infinite ticks, enemy rockets just sticking in the floor, corpses you can’t loot / take damage from and gnomes.

If I didn’t see it actually update with my own eyes I wouldn’t have believed anything had changed.

Edit:
I forgot the constant airstrike / fireworks at FNIX bases. They’re still present for me too.

3 Likes

Ima just leave this here.

9 Likes

Some are saying that this is due to mods. It gets to the mod line and freezes so delete the mod line and see what happens