I’ve been playing this game for quite a while, and I have to say that I am very disappointed with the Runner/Hunter AI, keep in mind that I’m playing the game solo on hardest difficulty.
I’d like to point out what’s wrong with the AI, and offer a few ideas.
1.) I hate the fact that I can hide inside of a house and nullify all the threats while I’m being chased by a pack of Runners.
- Runners aren’t huge, and I believe they should be able to get inside of the house to hunt you down. This way you have to change your playstyle, and not safely peek through the doors and easily kill the Runners that are in front of the house, because currently all what they do is stare at you while you’re peeking through the windows, constantly scanning the walls & sometimes they decide to shoot at you. I honestly don’t understand why is this still a thing and why is nobody complaining about it? It’s funny that people are complaining about Runners clipping into the interiors, I think that’s the best bug so far!
2.) Hunters should be able to get inside of the church/barns, same goes for Runners.
- I won’t say a lot about this, it’s pretty much the same case with Runners and houses, and I understand that Hunters are way too big to enter inside of a house, it would be nice to see them busting through walls, but I know that’s not possible.
3.) Hunters become buggy once you take off their primary weapon.
- I didn’t notice this at first, but after shooting at their primary weapon and taking it off, their behaviour will rapidly change. If you’re close to them they’ll try to slash you with their blade, if you’re 6-10 meters away they will try to jump and attempt to knock you down, however if you start running 13-17 meters away, the Hunter will just freeze and stare at you?
4.) Machines shouldn’t have that Holywood villain mentality.
- By Holywood villain mentality, I meant that machines like Hunters sometimes different machines as well will be in a obvious position to do some serious harm to you, but instead for some reason they will run away from you and take a short break to give you a chance to get to safety, I absolutely hate this.
5.) Machine dismemberment
- It would be awesome if we could dismember Hunters or maybe even harvesters/tanks, by shooting at their legs, so this way they don’t explode, but instead they aren’t able to walk but stay in once place and try to give their best to shoot you and harm you even if they’re in that horrible state. This is what could harvesters/tanks do, but what Hunters could actually do is to use their blade and their weapon to crawl towards you and then stand still and attempt to shoot you.
I still enjoy playing this game, but the longer I played this game I realized that the only reason why I still enjoy it is because of the music & the game atmosphere is so fucking good that it simply overshadows the fact how terrible the AI is.