Weapon Wheel Megathread

With a mouse and a keyboard, I very rarely use the weapon wheel.

I also played on PC with an Xbox One controller and we also lost functionalities for the D-Pad.

I like your suggestion about the D-Pad and you are not the first one doing it.

Hopefully we’ll get some kind of announcement this week. I’m a bit worried that they might not be able to ship a solution this week though. However, that’s just an uneducated assumption.

1 Like

As an XB peasant, I support this notion.

Always a pleasure '92

3 Likes

Exactly what I wrote at some places. :wink:

For me the wheel itself is ok, good to use. I died more times, too… But not because of the wheel, but because of these hordes of lynx.

I like them… How they act and work, their weapons and aggressivenes, but they’re to much in many situations.

1 Like

This is now a “MEGA” and massive thread and a bit too BIG.
Should we just be direct and simple and make a single feedback feature request page about using non active DPAD buttons in XBOX and PS4 controllers for equipment and the ability to walk with one of the buttons while using the other for the wheel?

If we as players choose a single way it will be more easy and efficient for devs to adjust the changes (instead of reading 200-300 comments).

And please PC users what is the major needed adjustment for you guys? The same suggestion but for PC supported gamepads?

Weapon Wheel Readjustment as posted above
  • Yes
  • No
  • Other option (explain it with the minimum words required)

0 voters

PS: Will delete this if public opinion is too low or not enough.

1 Like

There are better options described in detail above, but in short:

Old UI with the emotes wheel opened up for us to place whatever we want in the slots.
When using the wheel with left bumper and right analog stick, the left analog stick is still possible to use for movement

I honestly can’t stand the weapon wheel I enjoyed tapping my triangle button once for one weapon another time for another weapon and then two times for my heavy. The way you have it set up now it takes me longer to change weapons in the middle of a firefight. There’s no way to bring the hood up on the screen anymore where that was an option last time which made it easier to know what I had equipped in case I forgot. Where you have fixed a lot of the bugs of missing sound and like a game play you’ve pretty much put glitter on problems and fix things that weren’t broken. I’m not going to leave you a comment of kissing your butt because I don’t believe in sugarcoating things. I tell you how it is. Why put a weapon wheel in a game but didn’t require it we weren’t limited to three weapons if you knew how to push your load out. Weapon wheel is so 1980s that’s why most games have gotten rid of it.

In order this would be true it would fit to the game perfectly :sweat_smile:

How?

1 Like

It is very annoying when the weapon wheel pops up in a random fashion. Depending what you are doing when it happens you could move weapons/gear out of the wheel or move it to another slot. Nothing more annoying than being in a firefight and the wheel pops up and you no longer have the weapon you are shooting!

You had the same number of slots before the weapons wheel. You didn’t have to put flares in that spot you could have put a weapon there too. But I like having distractions in my arsenal instead of just weapons galore.

No.

There were:

2 slots for primary weapons
1 slot for a secondary weapon (pistols, melee)
4 slots for useable items

Now you have 8 slots and you’re free to place what you want and where you want.

I think what BeeMoe is getting at, is keeping the old system, but open up all the slots for any item you want?

1 Like

YES!! The weapon wheel only added one more slot but what makes it nice is that you can put what you want in any slot. Just put that back on the keyboard!

On the keyboard? Hm, on PC you already have access to all slots through the keyboard? :thinking:

On consoles on the other hand…

1 Like

Oh, sorry. I meant that since the wheel added things that could have been done at the keyboard and not pop a wheel up. I understand it was for controller users but seems from what I read that is not working out to well for them either.

Moved to the weapon wheel megathread.

//Mod

According to Discourse (the brand of the forum), this thread would take approximately 26 minutes to read, which is highly overestimated, I think.

I’m sure someone at Systemic Reaction can sit and read that, considering that it’s a great way to learn about gamepad gamers. Also, not everything has to be read entirely. There’s a lot of repetition, too.

1 Like

I posted a couple of times here right after the update - Inventory wheel broke the game stuff. Then I went off to play a game that still works. Can someone update me on the feedback we have received from the GZ developers?

1 Like

Sure:

This is a little bit of a narrow-minded view of the topic, IMO.

This Completely disregards the fact that there is a very limited carry weight in this game. Even with full weight perks, 96 weight is not a whole lot. If you carry more than 3 guns, with the Ammo to use them, and the healing to stay alive, plus the utility items (grenades or flares or what have you) then you have very little carry weight left for looting. You should never realistically carry more than 3 (maybe 4, counting your sidearm) weapons at a time for THAT reason.

The Experimental Klaucke gives PLENTY of tactical advantage, with it’s built-in EMP effect. So this statement makes little to no sense.

This bit here is more personal preference. You take the guns that fit your playstyle. Personally, I like taking one single-target sniper-role rifle (PVG once you hit End-game is really the only option for this. Only 6-star single-shot rifle in the game unless you want to switch an Automatgevar to single fire and that is just less fun.) and an Auto. Thankfully, there are three good 6-star choices for that auto role! Obviously, I default to the Klaucke for pistol slot, just because I am not big on Melee in this game. Personal preference is a thing. But I know people who love using the PVG or the Automatgevar and having the GRG in their 2nd weapon slots for the Tanks or Harvesters. It’s all personal preference here. The weights are all equalized, much as it is very much NOT realistic, only so that you can still USE those KVMs or those PVGs, and not feel railroaded into using the lighter weapons because of carry weight limits.

There are lots of reasons that people hate the weapon wheel in Generation Zero. Some people have more than one reason. I know I have more than one reason. lol. This game just does not use it very well. It is unnecessary here. And, the implementation here was not done well either. You should never add a mechanic that forces you to stop moving in the middle of combat, even for a moment, to switch gear. The ONLY way this is okay, as was mentioned before, is if the game itself pauses or has a massive slow-down effect applied to it when you open the wheel. That is not something you can realistically do in a game meant for Multiplayer, though. Also, why leave two of the inputs on the D-pad for console unused at all? That is a missed opportunity.

The old system was so intuitive. It was easy to use. It was what people were used to after 2 years of playing this game. Why make people learn an entirely new system after 2 years in order to play your game? Why replace the original system with something that forces you to stop moving in combat? And why force this change on console players when this is a system that just works better on PC or in a game that can be paused when the weapon wheel is up? It just doesn’t make sense to me all around.

Personally, I would prefer to be able to go back to the original control scheme. The ‘Y’ button (xbox) for your weapons and the D-pad for your items was a GOOD system. Especially not that you don’t have to manually EQUIP items to use them from your inventory. That was one of the best additions to the game UI you guys could have made, IMO. Let the PC people have their silly Weapon Wheel. But give us Console players back our easy-to-use and intuitive original interface, I beg of you!

3 Likes

Hey everyone and thanks for all the awesome feedback! We’re aware of the oh so annoying thing that you cannot move while the wheel is open. This will be fixed with the next update and you will be able to move while using the weapon wheel!

11 Likes