[XB1] Game Crashing on sign-in / continue (post update FNIX Rising)

Hey everyone.

Just to add my experience to the pot…

For the past 5 days post update I have been playing the game in coop fine. We have managed to complete the story missions and were working on collectibles. Weirdly it would always crash when the client player left the game.

However, last night I tried booting the game up and it would crash on the log in screen. Just to be clear…

• I do not have FNIX Rising installed but I have Alpine Unrest
  • This has not happened to my mate who has no DLC installed
  • I have tried soft resetting, hard resetting and deleting my save from console but that does not work

As someone has mentioned above, I also tried an alt account and that can get past the log in fine. I really don’t want to lose my save :frowning:

Specs: Xbox One X

Hi everyone - Update from our end with regards to this unfortunate issue.

First off, a big thanks to everyone who worked with us to have Xbox send us some save files to dig into. We’ve gotten a first batch of saves and it’s provided us with something to start with! What we’ve received so far have allowed us to finally re-create the issue in-house by either crashing when hitting “Continue” or by pressing “A” when signing-in.

Now that we have something to go on, our next step is to have our code team start digging into the issue to see what’s happening. At this point in time we don’t have any tidbits to offer as to a fix as we’ve just completed the above steps and wanted to share the news with you.

Since it never hurts to have too many data points, we ask that for anyone willing to work with us on this, please check the steps over here as to how you can help us get your save files: [XB1] Game Crashing (post update FNIX Rising)

We hope to have more info soon once we’ve had some time to get into the problem. Thank you again!

12 Likes

This is my first post, just made an account because of this. Was also playing the truck mission in DLC, stopped midway through at a safehouse, now the game is freezing at start screen shortly after pressing A and seeing the cassette load screen. Currently in the process of re-installing, but sadly I see that doesn’t fix it. This is irritating because I played most of the day yesterday with only one crash.

I just wanted to add that my game crashed when there were a lot of explosions on screen. My xbox one x immediately shut down but left the controller blinking and I had to remove the batteries. Now i’m locked out of the game. I was doing the mission where you have to destroy the toxic gas barrels inside a bunker near some docks. Sorry but I can’t remember the locations name.

Hello,
Been playing the game for a while and i am level 20ish and all of a sudden the game will not load. I was playing one day and i went to log off and go to the home screen. When I start to log off it freezes up. Now when I try to load the game it goes to the loading stage, gears start turning etc, for about 1 sec then freezes and kicks me back out to the home screen. Any help?
Thank you.

1 Like

Same issue topics merged.

//Mod

I am haveing the Xbox login crash and i was told to put my Xbox name here to help fix so im Jnest01 on xbox.

1 Like

You have to send it to the moderator. With written permission for them to retrieve your save files

2 Likes

Bought the game for myself, loved it so much that I bought it for my friend so he could play. Now i am a few days of not being able play while he can. What do I need to do to get the game to work?

Hey im on xbox one and I hit play as my username It will give me the login loading screen then crash. I tried restarting my xbox and I don’t won’t to restart a character anybody else have this issue?

Same issue topics merged.

//Mod

My game does not load at all now,it gets to the online login it then starts buzzing and freezes. Ihave lost everything and level I was on 19. I’m wasplaying it on my Xbox and enjoying it

2 Likes

Reply moved to proper topic.

@Glesgaboy1 Also, i have no clue why you dig up 11 month old topic to post your reply in it.

//Mod

2 Likes

Hi. Is this where we private message the developer? My game is crashing on load in, when pushing A to select my profile. I do not have Fenix. I did purchase Alpine Unrest with the game. Had game 2 weeks before breaking. Im on XBox1. Gamertag: mucho burrows. You have my permission to fix my game please. If this is not the correct place to leave this message, please advise. Very frustrating situation.

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who’s provided additional information regarding the crashes and those who sent us their GamerTags with permission to retrieve their savegame files from XBOX.

The current status of this crash issue is that the development team has received the savegame files from many users and is beginning to troubleshoot them. We believe we have received all of the GamerTags we need and are requesting the players to not send us anymore for now.

We will continue to communicate with players here regarding future updates on this issue and if the development team needs any additional information or help from the community.

10 Likes

I am playing on a new gamertag since the savefile bug broke my gamertag.

The game was playing fine for two weekends, but now it crashes constantly.

The crashes increased after I joined a multiplayer game.

1 Like

Getting a problem similar where I load up the game and when I get to the cassette screen it crashes :frowning: any fixes yet?

1 Like

for real, i just want to play

2 Likes

Ikr really stressing me out!

1 Like

Scroll up and read. No fixes, but they’re hopefully getting close.

4 Likes