Casual chat discussions

I gave up on finding the golden N16.
After the April update fiasco i started playing GZ again from September to the 31th of December, but i started having less fun the moment i was grinding only for the US weapons (that i payed for).
I haven´t touched GZ in 28 days.
When the next update comes i´l be there.
But this just proves that something like this does not serve to keep players interested, on the contrary, i payed for something and can´t even have it?

1 Like

Your either going to have the camp that point blank refuse to go for it on the basis it’s un balanced with the effort not worth the reward.

Or

Those that will continue on regardless of time and effort. Once I knew that someone had one, then I knew it was possible. May I ask what platform you are on out of interest?

I thought you knew that by now.
PS4
I have still many MANY other titles to play and finish.
So it´s just on Pause mode.
It´s a random drop, i´l get it later by myself, by gift or by trade.
But the problem maintains, we buy a product and we have half of the product.
The devs keep going in circles with weird decisions.
The good news is that the N16 is not a great weapon, has low damage and recoil, so the N60 was my main goal, it´s an excellent weapon.

3 Likes

I found the gold N16 last night after roughly 100hrs and it was definitely NOT worth the effort. The model quality seems lower detail than the other guns and it’s terrible to use. Dreadful recoil along with requiring .556 ammo means it’s just going in the Plundra.

The N9 is fun, the N60 is great, but the N16 is terrible IMHO.

Also, is it just me or does there seem to be less variation in the audio for the US weapons?

It sounds like exactly the same single shot being fired in a tight loop with no variation in tonality. It might just be me, but the audio for N60 and N16 are particularly grating.

3 Likes

Yes the 3* N16 is not a great thing, the golden version will only be a little better, and it´s not worth it.
Now…the N9 is very fun to use, and so is the N60.
Yes…the sound is not great, specially the one from the N16.
When i was a teen i played the games Desert Storm (2001) and Desert Storm 2 (2003), they are old games but the M16 burst mode sound is better than the model from Generation Zero…
20 year old games have a better sound than one from a 2020 DLC, the sound could be better.

2 Likes

A thing to consider: older games have made weapon sounds to sound better, to please the gamers. Newer games (e.g GZ) are using the real sound what weapon makes in real life. Since not all weapons sound awesome in real life, there can be disappointments when games are using the real sound, not enhanced sound.

This reminds me one of the studies i saw: bunch of people were to ask to test 6 different, unlabeled, orange juices, while secretly one of the orange juices was the real deal (pressed on the spot from fresh oranges). After the reveal, many people preferred the processed orange juice over the real deal.
That study too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e4CEm9yybo (results are shown at 14:30).

It’s similar to Mandela Effect, where you remember/prefer specific way, while truth is that the real deal is actually different of what you remember/prefer.

There’s another, widely used weapon in video games, that game makers have made it good or best weapon within game but in reality, it’s a poor weapon: AK-47.
There are only 3 pros for AK-47: reliability, low manufacturing costs and ease of use. These three have made it the most readily available weapon in the world. (Based on 2004 statistics, out of the estimated 500 million weapons in the world, 100 million were AKs, where 2/3 of AKs were AK-47.)
These three pros aside, there is nothing else good about AK-47. It has high recoil, poor accuracy and it’s effective range is only 350m. Yet, many gamers still think AK-47 is one of the best (if not the best) weapon in the game.

Discussion moved here to keep the source topic on-point.

//Mod

As always you have to contradict whatever i say.

I compared the sounds from both mentioned games and GZ and the real counterpart. The GZ N16 sounds more like the “ag4” than an M16.

I actually revisited those 2 games in 2015 and still own them, i remember the burst fire, there is no Mandela effect there, the M16 burst fire sound from those games was specially good for the time (being games from 2001/2003).
Of course there have been other games through the years with better weapons sound effects.
That example was to make a point, that a “old game” has a better sound of a weapon currently available in GZ, yet you have to defend the game in every single aspect every single time.

I never said anything about the ak47, it´s a bad weapon to fire from a distance without proper modifications, the only thing i agree with you is that it´s reliable cheap and easy to use, just like you said.
If gamers in general think it´s a good weapon in real life or in every single game i don’t know and have no way to prove it or not.

I don’t contradict your sayings all the time. Also, i gave one possible option, why it may be so. I didn’t say you’re wrong. If you don’t find my option plausible for you, then that’s fine. :slightly_smiling_face:

While i haven’t played neither of the games you presented (Desert Storm) and i don’t know how weapons sound in them, however, i do know that game components are getting better and better as time moves onwards, especially graphics. So, it’s quite common place that newer game is mostly better than older game in all aspects. But there are always exceptions.

As far as GZ goes, devs have stated that they are using as realistic sounds as possible, only a hair short of personally recording the weapons fire in firing range. And so far, many people have said that weapon sounds in GZ are spot-on to the real deal (said by those who have fired these weapons in real life).

So, dug up some videos, 1st off: Conflict: Desert Storm (good sample is at 1:30);

And then, the real deal, M16 (weapon fire starts at 1 minute mark and again at 2:50):

In the Conflict: Desert Storm, M16 sounds much deeper and deeper sounds are usually more pleasing to the ear than higher pitched sounds. However, at least i, personally, can tell a night and day difference between the in-game and real firing sounds. Also, the real weapon fire sounds similar to the weapon fire in GZ.

I brought in AK-47 as one of the examples, where many players have misconception about it (thanks to the game devs who have made it in their games a lot better than it actually is).

Didn’t search forums much but here’s one GZ player, who, at that time, favored AI-76 highly: The special AI-76 looks ugly

It´s a matter of auditory perception then.

Because to me the N16 does not sound as good as it should, the sound quality of that weapon is not on the same level as the other weapons, i was not the only one stating it, i just agreed with it, otherwise i would not write about something as little as this.
And i specifically compared the sound of the burst fire, not single and auto.
The echo could be better

The game weapons behavior and sound is great, I never said the contrary, i just excluded the N16 from that common opinion.

The AL 76 subject, does not even make sense, most people tend to avoid that weapon unless they have all the anti recoil skills, there are those that prefer it and those that sometimes use it (like me) but most players will say that because of high recoil its only useful to be used at short distance.

I have a clarifying questions. Are those changes retcons or time passing ? In other words, is this how the world is suppossed to look from the beginning, or did those structures canonically appear after the main story ?

These fortifications are trademark to Russian Intervention Forces, that are being stationed in the northern part of Farmlands (area near Boo and Lilla Harmanas). GIF shows settlement near north-east safehouse.
About other parts - I need skim through older forum posts to remember.

This. Since GZ is “live” product, time in game world advances with updates. Though, it’s hard to make sense of it because devs haven’t made it easy for us.

1. In the beginning (from launch day to November '19), date in GZ was November 12th or 13th, 1989.
  2. In November '19, Alpine Unrest DLC was released, where date changed to December 10th, 1989.
    Actually, only Himfjäll advanced into December while the rest of Östertörn was still in November.
  3. In June '20, FNIX Rising DLC was released, where date changed to December 24th-29th, 1989.
    Actually, only South Coast, Archipelago and some parts of Farmlands advanced to late December, where Himfjäll is still in early December and the rest of the map, the parts that aren’t revamped, are still in November.

Since there hasn’t been any further time advancement DLCs (main missions wise), every revamp of the Östertörn that comes, advances the date from November 12th or 13th, 1989 to December 24th-29th, 1989 in the revamped sections.

So that means if I play the main story nowadays, I pretty much play on a false map ?

Discussion moved to proper topic to keep the source topic on point.

//Mod

Not on a false map, per se but you need to take into consideration that time has moved onwards.

This, inherently, causes some inconsistencies between the old world and current world. This (old map vs new map) was discussed in-depth here (which you were part of as well): FNX Rising Content in base game

But whouldnt it be better if the swedish armed forces themselfs did try to help the survivors, why the us? i mean we arent in an alliance with them and they have no reason to help us. and we are strong enuoght to liberate our own island. And yes they maybe can help us with new weapons against the machines but do they realy need to invade our island with a force that we ourselfs could have used to help östertörn. And i suppose you are american because you defend them so much?

Because of the U.S. Weapons DLC.
It doesn’t make sense, lore wise, for Swedish Armed Forces using U.S. made weapons.

If devs introduce another weapons pack, that includes Swedish made weapons, sure, the folks giving you those weapons could be members of Swedish Armed Forces. But Swedish soldier using U.S. made weapons, while there are AG4, AG5, m/46 and the like readily available, doesn’t make sense.
Same goes if USSR Weapon pack comes. You’d expect the USSR weapons to be given to you by Soviet troops (who already are in Östertörn or what remains of them), rather than getting one from Swedish soldier.

So, you’re okay with Soviet troops being in Östertörn, en masse but not okay with U.S. troops coming to Östertörn for a short while and then leaving? :thinking: Btw, giving wartime aid isn’t invasion.

Here, a reminder from Code of Conduct - Forums,

Political, religious and other sensitive comments
Political and religious discussions are not allowed on this website. If it is believed that the end result of a discussion will be political or religious, the post may be removed. Likewise, strong political and religious sentiments should be kept out of profiles, signatures, and other content.

The same applies to comments about other person’s race, sex, nationality.

Btw, i’m Estonian. :estonia:

1 Like

okay and there are more swedish weapons and the us is just here to steal things, so they can make their own, and the soviets shoulnt be here but they are dead, because we dont see any us i asume that those who gave us those weapons got away, and maybe with some broken robots. I think that the us and soviets are both hostiles against sweden and the remaining forces in östertörn. none of them wants to help us, they are just here for their own good. The resistance should treat the us and soviets as hostiles. And they should not do that if they realy wants to help us.

And btw i am swedish

In GZ? Not quite.

I counted 5 Swedish made firearms in-game, 6 if you’re stretching it, out of a total of 19 firearms currently in GZ. In contrast, there are 6 US made firearms in GZ, 8 if you’re stretching it.

Weapons origins

In-game name - IRL name - Country of origin

Möller - Walther PP - Germany
Klaucke - Glock - Austria
Magnus - Ruger Super Redhawk - US
N9 - Beretta M9 - Italy/US

HP5 - MP5 - Germany
Kpist - Carl Gustaf m/45 - Sweden

12G - Mossberg 500 - US
Sjöqvist Semi-Auto - Sjögren shotgun - Sweden

.243 - Sako 85, Blaser R8, Sauer 404 - Finland (Sako), Germany (Blaser and Sauer)
.270 - Winchester - US
.50 cal - Barrett M82 - US

AI-76 - AK-47/74 - USSR
AG4 - Ak 4 - Sweden
AG5 - Ak 5 - Sweden
N16 - M16 - US

KVM 59 - Ksp 58, FN MAG - Sweden (Ksp), Belgium (FN)
KVM 89 - M249, FN Minimi - US (M249), Belgium (FN)
N60 - M60 - US

M/49 - Carl-Gustaf recoilless rifle - Sweden

That’s your guess, rather than a fact.

In my POV, anyone who isn’t allied with FNIX, is there to destroy/steal FNIX’es creations, regardless their allegiance, be it: Swedish, Soviet, US etc.

That is true. No-one is willing to help FNIX and even player char is forced to oppose FNIX. :disappointed: Though, Ljuset Commune is friendly towards FNIX but so far, no living member has been seen.

That is obvious.

1 Like

but i meant that there are more swedish weapons that they could take into the game, and why whould sweden steal its own technology?:rofl: ofc wants the bigger powers to have this tech so what if there is already a us program to make similar machines? And a soviet? i just mean that we need to make sure that no other country knows how we built the machines. So the swedes should have regular air and sea patrols around the östertörn.

And more about my thoughts, well it whould just be harmful to the world if the superpowers like the us and soviets whould have robots, then maybe a new arms race whould begin? what if the same happens to the us or soviets? a machine uprising? then it whould be the end of civilsation.

Yes, there are. And by the looks of it, we are getting even more new weapons in the game as time progresses onwards.

Machines themselves, are, yes, Swedish technology. Except FNIX class, Apocalypse class and Reaper. These three were created by FNIX. Though, FNIX, in the other hand, doesn’t have allegiance to no-one, including Sweden.

Machines alone, without the control element (FNIX), are just a pile of scrap metal and completely useless. So, even if Swedish Armed Forces have blueprints to construct prototype class and military class of machines, there’s nothing useful of having them.

Same goes to the Soviets/US as well. Sure, they can construct the machines but it would take decades for them to create control element for their machines and it’s highly likely that they will never be able to create the same, sophisticated control element as FNIX is.

It’s unknown what the end goal of FNIX is. As of latest info, FNIX is needing resources and is collecting them.

Though, even if mankind is wiped out and replaced by machinekind, the civilization will continue to exist.

Discussion moved to proper topic, to keep source topic on-point.

//Mod