Map issues can go here

I am trying to understand the game and it’s mechanics like others here who are speaking of potential issues on the map hence the name “Map issues can go here”. I am simply stating what I have found to be dismissed because I believe some markers on the map are purposely secrets or some places on the map are not marked on the map based on their current position which has no primary effect on the gameplay or story other than basic looting. An example would be places we have discovered with no safehouses to travel to. I thought that perhaps by some possible chance there might be caves or hard-to-reach areas that lead us to believe there is potentially more to discover that we may be unaware of. This is what I believe, it does not make my theory correct but it’s what I believe to be a potential explanation to why some locations may not appear on the map or register. I am aware people have found bugs and that some places don’t register or duplicate on the map at times.(Vesslan at times duplicates on my map but isn’t permanent). Hopefully this may shed some light on questions that may need to be answers. Like I said this is just a theory of mine.

1 Like

You can recognise a moderator by the shield icon next to their name. I don’t believe that @RighteousTheory is trying to play pretend, however it’s a valid point how important it can be how you word your posts so people don’t get confused.

In addition, it’s entirely off-topic to point that out in this thread, even in passing. It rarely leads to anything other than further derailing it. So please don’t do that. If you see a potential issue with a post or a user, flag their post and move on. It’ll be dealt with.

Cheers guys.

3 Likes

I already explained to you why what I have posted is a map issue and why it has nothing to do with underground or otherwise hidden stuff or falling through the world (although some people call it “falling through the map” for misguided reasons, maybe just because the world and the map are homologous).

I created this thread to be more like a list thread for the devs to go through easily and fix stuff. It is not supposed to be a discussion thread. Let’s stop discussing things here and do that elsewhere.

Also, you seem to be quite new here and to the game (or to discussing it at least). I myself am rather new and still know how that feels. My suggestion: lean back for a while and get a feel for it. It is much easier to know what’s what with a little more experience.

All the best.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Terrain Holes] Dump 'em here!

On the North Coast, the map shows a land bridge between the player marker and the jetty. No such land bridge exists, it is all water and too deep to cross (I know because I tried). So either the map is wrong, or the water level/sea floor changed elevation.

Hovering cursor over area around Sorken shows this as North Coast Region:

1 Like

Very complicated to collect objects … either the place is not marked after our visit or it does not indicate the number of objects to collect from the place.
I think that I am in a delicate position where I discovered places by forgetting objects which are not marked. A needle in a haystack, I’m going to have a hard time … I think I won’t have the trophies on steam, well not for now

Hey @Takumi,

Can you provide any specific examples?

Thanks!
boston_51

there is a screenshot that has already been made by this person. No symbol or indication that there is a military plan at this location.

By cons, At the start of the game there is an inconsistency 4/3 collected objects

1 Like

Found a hole around a bunker door.

1 Like

Only map issue im running into is in the Alpine Unrest DLC. The FOA 4 base causes A lot of lag on my end and game has frozen a few times while trying to even get into the base. Walked away for now to explore the rest of the map but it is inevitable that I have to got into the base to reach 100%.

Salthamn IP - medpack in the container on the truck can’t be picked up. April Update

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Floating Objects] Since there isn’t already a topic for floating objects

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Floating Objects] Since there isn’t already a topic for floating objects

There are some locations that should have a map marker, but I can’t hit the trigger to add it to my in-game map (plus the 100xp for discovering a location). deca Map shows a Bookmark there, it’s not an unmarked location. Here’s one I just came across, I’ll post them as I encounter them.

Villa Broskulla. I’m in the location but the location marker never appears.

Petterstorp

Stenbacka

First one I found: There’s an ammo cache but no building is shown on the map.

As per my 24th reply in this topic:

I get that - was in the army myself. It’s an issue of inconsistency, not so much of intent. I believe the other caches are all present and marked, so this one is likely an oversight. Also, to go by that logic, wouldn’t the FOA facilities or bunkers be way more likely to be unmarked locations? After all, these are prime installations to be targeted by an enemy. A shed with a few crates of ammo isn’t really of much concern to any army. Not that it matters much from a gameplay perspective. I think not having any of the caches marked would be kinda neat, as the player would stumble upon them without help…

1 Like

Another idea, regarding the markers on the map: Would it be a good idea to ‘consolidate’ some smaller places’ location markers with their respective safe house markers? IMO it would ease targeting them when playing with a controller. The snap-on mechanic sometimes gets in the way…

I’m pretty sure the festival is not supposed to be there…