1)Vehicles: There have been numerous request for vehicles, with ideas ranging from
- bicycles (ringing the bell attracts enemies, different speeds on different surfaces, attachable cosmetics etc.)
- to motorcycles (More noise but more speed, also suggested that fast-travel removed if bikes implanted)
- to cars (same suggestions as motorbikes)
- and the ability to reassemble and ride runners (for a short while)
- In my opinion I think that bikes are the most easily implanted feature, that doesn’t clash with the games atmosphere, and doesn’t remove to many of the existing features. Motorcycles could work, if the dev’s did it right.
- The original post goes into more depth: Transportation?
2) Food / Water: Taken from the idea that this is a survival game many people have requested food and water, with ideas like:
- Loot-able water bottles, snack bars, etc. as part of loot (others have mentioned that this may be a burden to the inventory)
- The idea that you don’t die or lose health when you dehydrate or starve, but that your vision blurs, and your stamina pool is capped at a limit. ( Some also mentioned skills to reduce these stat changes)
- and the idea of hunt-able animals and cooking. (If we can outrun the bots, animals could too)
- I personally think that this would, while making the game more aesthetically pleasing with animals and whatnot, add a level of depth to the game that would mess with the whole feel. The dev’s want you to appreciate the scenery in between looting and fighting, and if you’re just spending your time worrying about hunting and food it could mess up the game’s dynamic. For more food / water /weather based survival games we have The Long Dark.
- One of the more in-depth posts on this: Food and Water, Hunger and Thirst (Basic)
3) More bots: Obviously the limited number of bots in the game can restrict gameplay, so ideas have been presented:
- Boat bots: Bots that roam the waters near the shores, ready to fire missiles / bullets at whoever approaches too close
- Stealth bots: You’ll never hear the silent runners approaching
Titan class bot
-[suggestion]New Enemy Type... TANK!
- [SUGGESTION]New enemy types - Remade
4)Inventory Management: Due to the inherently confusing and cluttered nature of the inventory people have suggested various changes:
- Stackable Ammo: When you have the same type of ammo, make it stackable up to 1000 (or a similarly high number)
- Stackable consumables: The ability to combine stacks of med packs, flares, etc.
- Stackable explosives: Gas tanks, Ammo etc.
- Ammo explained: A hover function to help distinguish between the guns / types of guns that the ammo uses, to prevent confusion during inventory management.
- Crates / Storage Chests: To put your other guns that you don’t want to leave, but can’t carry with you
- (Suggestion) - ammo - made clear
- Loot Storage Box In All Safehouses
- Inventory tweaks for picking up loot
- Implement stash or additional form of inventory
5)Removing Level Caps: This one is pretty basic, and self explanatory the benefits of removing level caps would be:
- The ability to unlock more skills
- and that’s about it.
- the original post goes into more detail: Level Caps Are Not Welcome & Here's Why
6) Enemy Indicator : the enemy indicator can often ruin your immersion and the sense of hunted vs. hunter, when you realize that you always know where a potential threat is. Some suggestions to deal with this are
- Making the indicator non-directional (just alerting you to the fact that you’ve been spotted, but not telling you where, also allows for this to be a skill upgrade)
- Making the indicator a tool like the binoculars
- or adding a toggle button for it.
- Enemy Indicator changes/ feedback
7) Split Screen co-op
This is by no means a complete list, feel free to make comments and add ideas.
Credits to the original authors of all the referenced posts, and the ideas of the commenters on those posts.