List of biggest issues (as suggested by pontus)

Ok, let’s gather them.
Just post as short as possible to descibe the issue, on which system it happens for you and add the link to the topic.

I’ll try to edit all posts into this starting post, but I would be thankful if (@Zesiir) a mod could follow this, too.

Safehouses get lost

System:
Happens for me on Playstation 5,
XBox 1 is also affected.
PC? Idk.

Describtion:
Almost all, but 11-13 safehouses get lost suddenly after starting the game. Instead of spawning at the last safehouse I start at the closest command bunker / mission related safehouse.

**Link(s) **:
Safehouses are gone - #24 by Madchaser
Half of Safe houses disappeared

(partially solved) Game crash / assignments / not being able to start the game... Everything related to Apex connect

System:
Happens on all systems, as far as I’ve seen.

Describtion:
Since landfall there are great problems with the Apex connect account system.

• Assignments don’t run properly and often if you do something for an assignment the game suddenly crashes.
  • Goes along with the issue not being able to even start the game after crash.
  • Deleting the Apex connect account (and restoring it while starting the game after that) solves the issue temporarly.
  • Connection status then often just says “connecting”, therefore no more assignments possible.

Link:
Game Crashing - PS4 - #2 by Madchaser
PC Game Pass - Avalanche Apex Connect / FMTel not working

"Players circumventing "only invite" setting

System:
PC?

Describtion:
Title says everything.

Link(s):
Player circumventing Invite Only setting by "IP Joining"

challenge reset

System:
All

Describtion:
After creating a new character all challenges got reset. Some of them can’t be completed twice (i. e. mission related ones)

Link:

connection time out

System:
All

Describtion:
When trying to connect to a multiplayer session (invited or by matchmaking) there is often a connection time out (“the host is no longer present”).

Link:

(solved) regional problems (forest region in general, but others as well)

System:
All

Describtion:
In forest region there are several places where enemies suddenly disappear…and appear again if you get close.

Sometimes you have to search the machines actively. Due to the control points many of them have been removed.

Example:

Here a location (farmlands, close to forest region) where it happened yesterday for me and my friend. At the small red circle there was a seeker which suddenly disappeared for me. My friend was able to see it at all time.

At the larger red circle on the way to the rival there suddenly appeared a harvester with some runners right in front of us both. They disappeared short after the fight while going west. After destroying the rival on our way back to our bicycles the destroyed harvester again suddenly appeared. The runners too, but they were alive… At least for me, not for my friend.

getting spotted if coming in range of combat between soviet and fnix

System:
All

Describtion:
Before landfall you got spottet if starting combat with fnix machines.

With landfall this logic of getting in combat as soon as shooting starts hasn’t been changed, so if you come in range of a battle between soviet and fnix machines you’re immediatly in combat and will get targeted even if you’re hiding, are prone and not shooting at all.

Link:

extremely boosted firing speed of lynx

System:
All

Describtion:
In some situations the assault rifle lynx get a speed boost on firing with additionally almost 100% precision which causes a reduced players health by almost 100% or even instant death.

Link:
Machine gun lynxes (auto fire too powerful)

mission related bugs

System:
At least xbox one
Alpine unrest dlc

Describtion:

When playing Alpine Unrest dlc on the Ghosts of the past mission I encountered a bug where the quest step “barricade the hotel’s windows” is stuck and hasn’t updated past 9/10 not allowing me to progress.

Link:

Basebuilding at control points

System:
All

Describtion:

• there are often green fields where you aren’t able to build.
  • sometimes after dismanteling a structure (i. e. a wall) the previously green fields turn red so that you aren’t able to place another structure there. Replacing resistance walls by soviet walls 1:1 is almost impossible due to that.

Link:

game freeze by filtering option (at least in plundra)

System:
At least PS5, confirmation for others needed

Describtion:
The filter in the plundra to order items alphabetical causes a freeze of the game.

Language:
At least german

weapon pack issues

Describtion:

Soviet weapon pack 1:

• (solved) Kotenok doesn’t trigger auto-reload when empty.

Resistance weapon pack 1:

All Weapon Packs:
Upon creating a new character or starting a new save weapons have a chance to duplicate themselves leading to a completely overfilled Plundra.
Link: Duplicating DLC Weapons

(partially solved) displaced / unreachable scematics

Examples:

• HEDP rockets
  • EMP rockets

(solved) version missmatch pc/xbox gamepass, savegame deletion

Description:
As reported there are currently different game versions for xbox game pass version for pc and xbox.
For players switching between pc and xbox the savegame is in danger to be deleted because of that.

Just found out Xbox console is on v.2263976 and my gamepass PC version is v.2264534 this could be the problem

Link:
PC/XB1 Can't join my friends on XB1
Save File deleted (Xbox and PC)

(solved) forced to leave ADS when close to something to action with

Systems:
All

Link:
Interacting while aiming in combat QoL feature request (all platforms)

Description:
If you’re in ADS and come along a door, switch, car or something to loot (anything you can use action key with), you are forced to leave ADS.

(solved) Changing stance from crouch to prone

Systems:
Consoles

Description:
Pressing B or circle changes stance between crouch and standing. For going prone you need to hold B / circle. If you’re crouching pressing (and holding) B / circle forces the character first to stand up and after that going prone.

This often leads to getting spotted or being hit instead of having the wished opposite effect.

@Avalanche_Pontus: Maybe changing the action for changing stance from “on button press” to “on button leave” (when not holding it before) could help!

Link:
When moving from crouch to prone with controller, we shouldn't stand up first

(solved) Hunter spawning endless ticks, attacking other machines

It has been reported that in some situations a hunter could spawn endless ticks that attack other machines. Is it a bug of fnix or of the game?

Can’t be stopped by destroying the hunter.

10 Likes

Lynx occasionally go full auto with their grenade launchers and burst rifle, effectively insta killing the player character or very nearly insta killing them.
As far as I know this issue is present on all platforms.

Grenades and other throwables get stuck to player model or Despawn before actually being thrown. This has been an issue since launch for PS4 at least.

Upon creating a new character, challenges mostly reset and cannot be re-completed as most are story/collectable based.

1 Like
  1. Add to that, matchmaker does not join us to an open game (only 1,2 or 3 players in the game) most the time. As soon as you look for an open game the time out message pops up or the host is no longer present. Can not join any games without logging out of the game, waiting and try again, again and again.
    EDIT: this is what I am talking about. 9 times out of ten this is the screen I am getting.
2 Likes

Pontus never demanded a list, he asked.

2 Likes

I’ve edited the title a bit to clarify that @Avalanche_Pontus is in fact, a nice guy.

:wink:

//Mod

6 Likes

Thanks @Zesiir and @Gysbert
Just some language trouble :wink:
And of course, pontus is a nice guy and always stays in contact with us…

And zesiir does a great job as mod, but there are too often too many new topics for yet reported issues. And the idea to gather the biggest of the current ones will hopefully help. I just hope there will not be too many comments in here that make it hard to keep the starting post actual.

So before writing, please check if the issue isn’t already there… But I’d appreciate if you could add links to already reported topics.

Thx

5 Likes

I’ll stay close to this thread and keep it as clean as possible for the sake of it’s purpose.
If something gets bothersome, flag it and I’ll have a look :+1:

3 Likes

Ps4
Draw distance in forest region is horrible sometimes. As I stated in another tread the reaper I have there sometimes is only visible when you are within. 20m from it and then It kills you instantly because you have no chance of finding cover. I avoid forest region as it is now.

1 Like

PC
enemies in combat with other machines instantly spot you within a radius even if you are behind something or crouched down

Xbox 1
When playing Alpine Unrest dlc on the Ghosts of the past mission I encountered a bug where the quest step “barricade the hotel’s windows” is stuck and hasn’t updated past 9/10 not allowing me to progress.
Love the game so far :slight_smile:

Thanks, Madchaser for the list! The team is working with some of these but its nice to have them all in a list with all your comments, and its shared with them!

You’re the nice guy! :heart:

6 Likes

I second that, this happens even on high-end PCs. I agree it may be isolated to the Forest region, needs to go through other regions to see if it happens there as well…

Let’s keep this thread clean of anything not issues that the devs want to look at.
Off-topic will be removed at the behest of the OP.

//Mod

Here’s another common issue. The game crashes stating that “You have lost connection to Steam…” something like that. Some day I’ll get a screenshot of that, lol. Not sure if this is a GZ problem or a Steam problem though.

For me it has always been a steam issue. Because I then try to get on Steam, and it tells me I am unable to connect or something to that. At times my GF starts yelling from to other room, her computer, and it then seems to be MY fault some how.

2 Likes

ezgif.com-gif-maker (4)
Example of the forest region draw distance effect.

4 Likes

I had that exact thing happen in that exact location on PS4.

I killed two Tanks right next to each other and was in the middle of fighting the third. Suddenly the two bodies disappeared, then immediately reappeared standing in place before dropping dead again, like what happened in your gif. This happened half a dozen times in quick succession since I was running around and strafing from the third Tank’s attacks.

I didn’t know wtf was going on.

I haven’t noticed anywhere else that was as bad as that spot though.

1 Like

I quoted the gif in the start post.
Can you tell me coordinates or show on the map where it happened?

Thx

1 Like

Maybe replace the GIF with this YouTube link instead. It shows better that there seems to be a map region (or map chunk) border where “enemy objects” in one region is not visible to “enemy objects” in the other region. @VladTheInhaler , is this what you saw as well?
edit: It should be mentioned that this only seems to happen when the bots are calm or destroyed. Once they start to track or attack you they no longer vanish from view. But if you can escape from combat and they go back to calm mode the vanishing act starts again.

I didn’t see them phasing out of existence like that when they were alive. I think I had a fight nearby that spilled over into that area so I didn’t get a good look at them before shots started flying.

It was only when two of them died that I noticed their disappearing act.