Beautiful Hike Routes

I started documenting all kind Buildings, Bridges, Swedish Culture, Trucks, etc, which I found on my hikes through the wonderful world of GZ. I categorized them in specific chapters I called “routes”, because I mostly avoid fast travel and hike to every location I want to go.

Electrical Power Lines

Route 1: Electrical Power Lines - Click here

spacer2
It’s important to keep fit in this hostile world so I love to run hike trails to relax and absorb the beauty of the Swedish nature.

Today I did a Electrical Power Lines hike which I started at 75, 1932. Not sure if those smaller poles with wires are part of the electrical net, but it didn’t matter for my run. Everything was perfect. The sun was shining, and very important no machines in sight. :sun_with_face: And to make sure this was going to be be a good fitness exercise, where I could run fast when needed I packed a minimal backpack. Just enough to make it back alive if things got rough.

spacer2

spacer2

spacer2
I ran until I reached the big masts at 79, 1101 and started following them, keeping an eye out for seekers and listening for the oh so familiar sounds of the machines.

spacer2

spacer2
The masts stood in a more or less straight line and crossed some rather open fields where I was obviously open for attack by machines. I decided not engage in fights if I could. I would just keep running, hoping this day was my lucky day. Afterall it was supposed to be a relaxing run. So far so good!

spacer2

spacer2
On the next picture you see that at a certain point the lines bend slightly to the right. Leading toward a more wooded terrain. Here it was trickier to see if machines were close. Also it was getter darker. After a mile or so the power line ends at -3148, 1616. Close to an area called Glennaröd.

spacer2

spacer2
I had just time to take the last photograph, when I was almost spotted by a trio of angry Hunters. Time to go prone and flee unseen, get home, get a shower, and dream of an another hike cross country.

Route 2: Cave- and underground locations (except bunkers).
Route 3: Färgglada Lastbilar (Trucks)
Route 4: Tornande Strukturer (Towering Structures
Route 5: Vapenkassun & Ammunition Förråd.
Route 6: Forntida Kultur & Ritualer.
Route 7: Crashed Vråken Strike Fighters.
Route 8: Resistance Graffiti & Warnings
Route 9: Signs, Signs and even more Signs
Route 10: Bridges & Walkways
Route 11: Kasematt or Defence Bunkers
Route 12: Dry Riverbed Route
Route 13: Harvester Dumping Stations
Route 14: Cyclist urban explorer guide to Östertörn
Route 15: Ruins
Route 16: Mountains and Mountain Features
Route 17: In-game Maps
Route 18: Imposing Gates
Route 19: Special Sheds
Route 20: Special Cars
Route 21: Red Lights Locations
Route 22: Tutorial Graffiti
Route 23: Soviet Camps marked with camp
Route 24: Bullet Doodles & Placings
Route 25: Yellow Rubber Ducks
Route 26: Signs of the Resistance
Route 27: Shopping Carts

27 Likes

Cave- and underground locations

Route 2: Cave- and underground locations (except bunkers) - Click here

Contains spoilers!

Today I waited till the weather cleared, because it was raining all the time with some
occasional thunderstorm. My plan was to visit all caves and underground locations that are known to me.

I started in the Marshland region at an Cave Dock and had planned to finish the hike in the south of the South Coast region.

-3080, -3080 (ML)

Inside the cave

spacer2

With the ‘Assault Base Update’ the above ‘cave dock’ became Norrmyra Port B3.

Next I went to an abandoned Mine.

-2668, -1846 ML

spacer2
This cave I found halfway between Hellgard and Boo.

-70, -2264 (FL)

spacer2
This is a sinister and creepy shallow cave. Photo I made from inside out.

-745, -506 (FL)

spacer2
On this hike I encountered 4 caves, each of which has two different openings in the rock. The next two photo’s show the two entrances of the same cave.

West 4594, -838 (HI)

spacer2

East 4922, -588 (HI)

spacer2
The next underground structure has some hazardous green stuff on its path down.
Be careful where you walk and be quick. (But is not accessible at the moment, hopefully this will be back.) Edit: with the '21 may update this hidden cave is accibleble again.

5663, -46 (HI)

spacer2
This cave isn’t very deep, but it looked like there was a deeper cave-in in the past before the cave-in. It is on Himfjäll Island near a large wooden lookout.

3157, 64 (HI)

spacer2
From Himfjäll Island I travelled to the Farmlands Region to make a picture of this cave-like structures near Annagruvan, where I found 3 caves. The first and second cave have 2 exits. Very nice to visit on a sunny day.

Passage cave -1738, -1419 (FL)

spacer2

Tunnel cave -1664, -1439 (FL)

spacer2
Ånnagruvan Mine cave. New, added at Nov 2020 update.

Mine-like cave -1746, -1412 (FL)

spacer2
Next cave is near the ruins of Farstaborg.

462, 1489 (FL)

spacer2
These stairs lead down to the resistance base. A fine example of human ingenuity making use of natural cavities in the rock.

-1844, 1552 (FL)

spacer2
The next Heart-shaped cave is a real nice one.
You might call it the love cave, and it has a loveboat in it.

403, 2957 (A)

spacer2
On Archipelago near Kalviken I found two other caves close together, each also having two openings where you can enter (or exit). (Revamped with Companion Update)

Entrance at 3056, 3072 (A)

spacer2
Exit at 3130, 3016 (A)

spacer2
The second double entrance cave has some sort of Tick infestation, so be aware of that if you visit. Deeper in you will find beds in an octagon configuration.

Entrance at 3294, 2906 (A)

spacer2

Exit at 3330, 2888 (A)

spacer2
Octagon beds configuration.

Octagon beds configuration
spacer2

This one I named the Music Cave. You will see why.

-646, 3396 (A)

spacer2
The next photo is of a cave that might been previously inhabited by an animal, I am not sure. But I nearly died there, of that I am sure, so do take care!

409, 3436 (A)

spacer2
The sun was getting lower I had to hurry to get to the next places before dusk. I wanted to make photo’s when it was still light. Only a few more places to go. First to Måsskär! This cave has water that is damaging when you fall in.

-1673, 3859 (A)

spacer2
Long tunnel through a mountain.

-4445, -230 (M

spacer2
This cave is very easy to miss if it was not part of a mission.

-2762, 927 (M)

spacer2
This cave I found on South coast region and is occupied by FNIX.

-5415, 4410 (SC)

spacer2
Savered Cave in the South Coast region.

-3028, 2055 (SC)

spacer2
Cave near Solhojden also in the South Coast region.

-5175, 4090 (SC

spacer2
The trench tunnelled under the road. The water there can be treacherous.

-483, 1524 (FL)

spacer2
Found a little narrow Skiers cave on Himfjäll.

-2964, -657 (HI)

spacer2
Not a cave, but… a big squarish “Dig Hole” in the middle of nowhere in the North Coast region with no obvious purpose. This hole has been removed with the New dawn Update.

323, -4456 (ML)

spacer2
After the november 2020 update there were several deep holes in the Norrmyra Arena, one of which led to a cave. These structures were removed from the game in the Dec 2020 update, and replaced with nine 1.5mtr round hatches. Still, we like to remember how it was, with these pictures.

Arena cave entrance

spacer2
Arena cave

spacer2
Then a very well hidden cave - The fourth in the South Coast.

-2485, 2310 (SC)

spacer2
Muskudden Rail tunnel, which connect the railroad Bridge (coming from Rö) to Muskudden Port Bunker. Following the tunnel is a bit of a puzzle, you need to circumvent the locked doors at -4439, 113.

Follow the rails beyond the above doors.

spacer2
And with that last click of the camera I could return home again. I was happy, even though it was a long tiring run, it also was a beautiful and wonderful hike. I always will be wondering if I missed some secret place somewhere, that would have fit this cave route. Anyway, I add them when I find them.

After the forest revamp - may update 2021

FNIX Cave on the south-side of Tylöveden Mountain

spacer2
Little Cave near Dammtorp in Forest region.

spacer2
A shallow indentation in the mountain, (not really a cave) on Tylöveden Mountain at 2602, -2166. Photo made with back to the wall.

spacer2
2 pics of a small cave in the Marshland area. It was a soldier’s last resting place.

spacer2

spacer2
A cave (Gardberg Mine) on Skåleberget mountain. (Landfall) (Also location for Enemy base)

The cave hoverecer was closed off with the assault base update into this.

spacer2
A Marshland cave south of Klinthytta near the coast road (Landfall)

spacer2

A Mountain Region cave with two entrances/exits (Dangerous Experiments)

Outside view

Inside view

spacer2

An “Eye in the Mountain” seen from two sides. (Assault base update)
This has been removed with the New dawn Update

spacer2

Strange anomaly in Torsberga Fort’s wall structure reachable from the top. Probably a faulty map issue. (Companion Update)

spacer2

Return to Top:

14 Likes

Brilliant work here @Gysbert well done :+1:

5 Likes

Thanks @Admiralgamer, I had fun doing it. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Colorful Trucks

Route 3: Färgglada Lastbilar (Trucks) - Click here

Colorful Trucks

When I was running around the Swedish regions and checking locations for weapons, I came across some nice ‘Ville’ Trucks. First pic I made were from the trucks of the Benso fuel company, which were standing near a Benso gas pump station, all neatly in a row.

spacer2
But the next Benso truck I saw wasn’t that neatly parked. We will never know what really happened. I did not stop to investigate. But look at its beautiful colors.

spacer2
Near the Police Station I saw this Post Office truck with it’s precious cargo of parcels and letters nevermore being delivered. Love letters withering away together with bills.

spacer2
The next truck had no company name advertising about what its cargo could be.
It’s has nice colors though.

spacer2
Military trucks were all over the place, but I liked the composition of this one with a container next to the one without a container.

spacer2
In passing this abandoned truck, I thought of the Hollies song “He ain’t heavy, he’s my brother”, though this truck is endlessly carrying its brother without moving an inch.

spacer2
Running past and through farms and homesteads, I took a shot of this truck with air- or water tanks as its cargo. Not so often seen. Green with blue, how do you do!

spacer2
Bepp Cola trucks however are very common. I encountered many Bepp trucks on my run. I guess the Swedish people love their Cola…

spacer2
And ofcourse the many ‘burney gray’ victims of war were also around, and even though they make a less beautiful picture, they are a part of it all, and they can’t and may not be denied.

spacer2
Next one where I stopped to make a photograph, was this a green army truck with a red army container, a nice color combination. Just like a red beret commando standing firm, not giving way!

spacer2
Another truck that I saw regularly was the Kundsam Livsmedel (food) trucks. Food is one of the most important things we need. And it is scarce now. But we have a lot of empty food trucks.

spacer2
Another truck not so often seen is a truck with tree logs. I found it near the fields where trees were cut, so yeah, not too surprising.

spacer2
And of course I also found a truck with nicely sawed wood, perfectly fitting in the red and brown colours of the sunny winter landscape.

spacer2
The truck loaded with big pipes I found in the North Marshlands.

spacer2
This truck is loaded with cement, it was bringing it to a military base On Himfjäll.

spacer2
This truck with sandbags, we find at Ripan. Looks like the military is digging in.

spacer2

At Älgnäs, I saw this Broadcasting or Media Truck with a satellite disk on the roof.

spacer2
Uncle Calle’s armored truck at the Ring Fort.

spacer2
Military truck with Soviet equipment.

spacer2
Skip Truck with a full skip to take to the rubbish tip

spacer2

And here a Skip truck with two Skips loaded.

spacer2
This truck carrying a tractor I found in the snowy Marshland Region after the landfall update (feb 8 2022) It had a little accident with a fallen tree, and ended up at a road sign.

spacer2
Here we have a Fire truck at the Östervik Fire brigade.

spacer2
Quarry truck filled with limestone ready to be processed.

spacer2

Cement truck leaving the Quarry.

spacer2

Command Centre Truck That needs to be protected at all times.

spacer2

Found this “Sleeping Truck” on Himfjäll.

spacer2

And just before I finished my run, I saw this nice red Bepp Cola truck, empty, containerless. Finished. Time to go home.

spacer2

See also Route 20: Special Cars
Return to Top:

11 Likes

I love this thread.

So much.

Literally made my day.

3 Likes

Yeah but gysbert has left the forums for a bit now he told me himself

1 Like

But I still read here, it’s hard to go cold turkey…:smirk:

3 Likes

Towering Structures

Route 4: Tornande Strukturer - Click here

Towering Structures

I have been running the equivalent of 1.5 times the Earth’s circumference, and today I decided to take pictures of the towering structures I encountered. On the first picture I captured an Air Surveillance Radar (LSTAR) on a bunker just like the ones on the many Radar masts.

spacer2
At Stenhaga Farm I counted six identical silos two of which I show you here with the shadow of the trees on them.

spacer2
When I see this lone windmill below, I can’t but think of the story of Don Quixote who thought these were giants with waving arms, trying to kill him. I better stay clear of the “waving arms” just to be sure.

spacer2
The masts of the Ski-lift carrying the carts are a wonderful sight against the snowy backdrop. Just for a minute the sounds of the harvester nearby silenced in my mind!

spacer2
At the ruins of the huge Iboholmen Castle I shot this picture of the remains of the once so powerful castle towers.

spacer2
On all my runs I counted eighteen Churches, but this one at night in a fiery blaze really makes a nice picture.

spacer2
Of six Lighthouses to choose from, I chose the Karl-Erik Lighthouse, because at the time of this picture the lighting was simply beautiful.

spacer2
Three factory chimneys on IGA factory facility, normally emitting the foulest stench but now they no longer work and look like pillars of wisdom.

spacer2
The next industrial looking chimneys made me wonder what they were. I thought maybe cooling towers, because they were so wide.

spacer2
I covered Power-lines in a different hike route. I took this picture because here the powerline with double masts meets with the single one.

spacer2
This wooden lookout tower has a nice triangle base shape design, there are two of these type on Himfjäll Island and two in the Farmland region, one of which is in a Sovjet camp.

spacer2
The tall Radar masts like the one on the picture, are easy to spot, but are also easy to erroneously dismiss them as ones you have already seen. I found eleven masts so far. Some are tethered and some are firmly anchored on solid ground or buildings.

spacer2
The steel Mining Tower is my favorite. It has that industrial look with broad steel steps. All the way up it makes a good sniper spot, if it wasn’t located in a wooded terrain.

With the big cable wheel in the top

spacer2
This Beauty is a Water Tower of which I found four. This one in Himarvet and the one in Östervik have a red door in the center column (locked). The one near Hjortqvarns Sågverk, strangely enough, has no door. The assault base update gave us the fourth one located in the Myrdalen area. All of them have a radio mast on top. Making them one of the highest man made structures in GZ.

Himarvet
spacer2

Ostervik suburb Haga
spacer2

Hjortqvarns Sågverk
spacer2
I almost forgot the gate and tower of Ålnästet ruins. They are a sight for sore eyes.

spacer2
I’ll end this run with a picture of two tall and slender factory chimneys reaching pointless for the skies, and becoming nothing more than a resting place for birds.

Return to Top:

12 Likes

The good old Swedish Truck Simulator :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Weapon Caches and Ammo Storage

Route 5: Vapenkassun & Ammunition Förråd - Click here

Weapon Caches and Ammo Storage
spacer2
When you run around the game world you’re bound to come across these colorful concrete cubes. Some have discrete colors and are perfectly hidden in the environment, but some like this Red one in the Farmlands, seems to want you to know it’s here for you to take what you need.

spacer2
On the next photo (which I took in the Farmlands as well), you see this light colored cube which had me thinking for a while what color it was. I’m still not sure, but I settled on Ivory.

spacer2
This modest green one I found in the Archipelago region.

spacer2
Another green one, but locked and blocked which I found in the South Coast region.

spacer2
Another ‘Förråd Kub’ I saw on my run through the Farmlands Region had a bluish complexion and would be quite easily spotted in day time, but in the misty nights it would not.

spacer2
In the North Coast region I found another glorious red one. I really love to take photos of them when the skies are clear.

spacer2
In the Marshlands region I found a new color, Anthracite Black.

spacer2
This Ivory colored one is located in the Forest Region, as you might have guessed looking at the photo.

spacer2
If you happen to find this one on Archipelago, you might as well get the key for all these small storages. It’s right there.

spacer2
Wow, again another Ivory one. This color seem to be having the upper hand. This one can be found in the Mountain Region.

spacer2
And then this nice blue one in the Forest Region sticks out like a sore blue thumb.

spacer2
This white one on Himfjäll truely adapted to the snowy scenery.

spacer2
Here I had to take the photo from a distance, since there was some nasty radiation emanating on that platform. Another Ivory one on Himfjäll Island.

spacer2
I quickly snapped this Ivory Cube in the sunny South Coast Region, before the clouds would spoil the light. One of the few without a fence.

spacer2
Did I tell you that I like the color red? Well it’s the last red one I have found so far. This one is next to a Radar mast in the South Coast Region. This is the type without a roof, and instead it has crane hooks.

spacer2

Not sure when this black colored Vapenkassun was added in the South Coast, but it was before “Dark Skies”. The door is stuck, but we can crawl in, however there is no loot in there.

spacer2

Ok, back on Himfjäll again with this Cube in Green, door and all. Somebody or something broke down the fence. I didn’t do it.

spacer2
Another white concrete förråd building on snowy Himfjäll Island. Let’s stock up on ammo.

spacer2
With all these Ivory concrete blocks we could build an Ivory Tower.

spacer2
Ivory cube. Hard to miss.

spacer2
Adding a second cube from Marshland region. This one is not black, but it’s the ninth ivory.

spacer2
Number 20 is a beautiful lone white concrete model in the South Coast region, which seem to be floating on air.

spacer2
In the Mountain Region I found this white vault inside a bunker, it has rails go to it.

spacer2
In the Mountain Region I also found these white twin vaults. Close to the previous one.
I bet I might have missed more of these in other bunkers.

spacer2
In the next Farmland Bunker I found blue triplets cubes. They are the numbers 24, 25 and 26 in this list. Not very good photographic conditions though due to the gas.

spacer2
In a bunker in the North Coast Region I found two white ammo vaults, number 27 and 28. Luckily no gas in this area.

After the New Dawn update I found this ransacked Cube in North Coast just south of Hagaboda

Return to Top:

12 Likes

Theres 3 at Overby air base in the bunker @Gysbert

3 Likes

Cool I will visit that.

2 Likes

A word of caution the room is full of gas

1 Like

Well I wanted to take a picture. I will see how it goes.

2 Likes

I love your travelogues @Gysbert !

3 Likes

Hermelinen Command bunker also has that weapons vault and if my memory serves me correct, Tosberga Fort complex also has those inside the bunker.

2 Likes

One of the bunker photos is in Torsberga Fort. I will check Hermelinen bunker. Thanks.

2 Likes

These hike routes are awesome! Take a nice calm break, in the beautiful world, after killing thousands.

2 Likes

Also that gas makes the photo look really good. I quite like the gas one.

2 Likes